Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Transgo for the 48re...... yes please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 03:43 AM
rfinn04
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transgo for the 48re...... yes please!

Ok just got done doing the new transgo kit on on my 03 305/555 48re. It was time consuming but got it done, now I have never ran a valve body upgrade in one of these trucks, but this thing performs great now. The shifts are quick and precise, and I am now able to run the truck on 5 on the edge juice with attitude which i was only able to run 3 with out slipping the torque converter. I am truly impressed by this kit. I highley recommend it to anyone who doesnt want to drop a fortune on the whole valve body kit, I spent around $150 for the kit, fluid, and new filter. and it took me approx. 6 hours.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:16 AM
twotrack68
Rookie
Default RE: Transgo for the 48re...... yes please!

What all is involved with installing the shift kit? Is it pretty straightforward or kind of a tricky thing? As my truck sits in the garage right now, it has exactly 6800 miles on it & I've never been too impressed with the way it hunts for gears & shifts. Thinking about doing it. Thanks!
Scott

Old 01-13-2007, 12:36 AM
rfinn04

for the most part it is straight forward, The biggest thing is just paying attention to what your taking apart. I had never done one of these before and once you get past the mess of draining the tranny and getting the pan down and the valve body out it becomes a slow process. there are lots of springs and pieces that can come flying out during disassembly , my only advice is pay attention and be patient. it also helped having another person there to help you remember where things go and to double check things. i hope this helps

Old 01-13-2007, 12:44 AM
cumminalong

Just a helpful hint when you do things like this.

TAKE A TON OF PICTURES! Set your camera up on a tripod and everytime you removea piece, snap a shot. Helps when you can't remember where something went or what order.

Also, lay the parts out EXACTLY how you took them out.

Quick Reply: Transgo for the 48re...... yes please!