Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

looking for lots of rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 02:10 AM
bucknute
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for lots of rwhp

first of, I do not know anybody that has built a truck to this level. to ask for some guidance.i've read several threads and see that u folks know the nuts an bolts on the CTD.as u can see im looking for some help here....OK .

for the fuel im looking at the FASSsystemi think this will do.EDGE juice w attitude stacked with the EZ. F1 injectors hp rating dint know? ATS exhaust manifold. and with the 4" strait pipe i now have,how much back pressure will i need to help spool the turbo up? the turbo is a problem, witch manufacture has the best. with little lag,an to witch size to get?for the clutch i have no idea in that department...

i think this will be a good start, your input will be great,an if u have other ideas feel free to chime in..
thanks to all

Old 01-13-2007, 11:11 AM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: looking for lots of rwhp

1 - You can't stack the Juice with and EZ. They use the same fueling setup and plug into the same connectors. If you wanna stack, you need a pressure box or programmer stacked with a timing / duration box or programmer

2 - What FASS system are you looking at? Your intended HP level is gonna determine which of the FASS systems you use.

3 - To spool the turbo, you want ZERO back pressure. Open exhaust is the fastest way to spool, but you do lose low end torque.

4 - The stock turbo is fine, up until you get over 40 lbs of boost. Then you are looking at trouble down the road.

5 - Tranny must be upgraded to handle power

Sounds like you need to do a few preliminary things first.....

1 - Decide what your expectations are

2 - Decide how much you intend to spend

3- Get gauges

4- Upgrade the trans

Quick Reply: looking for lots of rwhp