Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

well this didnt get much attention the first time...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:03 PM
XFIRE
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well this didnt get much attention the first time...

I have a chance to snag a 2005 QC 4x4 longbed diesel. it has 34k and is in great shape. i was just wondering what the dirt on these trucks are. you know, what you all dont like. i have found pleanty of posts on this forum about what you like, but please tell me what you dont.

i am trying to do better research because i didnt do it on my last vehicle and regret it somewhat.

thanks

Doug

Old 01-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Watermelon
Captain
Default RE: well this didnt get much attention the first time...

HECK, Theres nothin to not like about em!!! Just make sure it was serviced by the previous owner. I work the heck out of my 04 every day and other than routine service Ive not spent a dime on it. almost 90,000 and im putting my first brake pads on today. Ive been runnin these things 10 years without any trouble. Of course there is a bum every once in a while.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:24 PM
RobertDunn
Professional

XFIRE

there are a few problems that come up with the Dodge's, but everything is low key, and if you know about it and expect it ahead of time, it doesn't become a huge problem. I think the biggest is the Lift Pumps. (this is assuming the vehicle is bone stock)

as for a 2005 with only 34K on it... what's the asking price?

Old 01-13-2007, 01:08 PM
donnie
Professional

Iv got an 05 and have 32K on the clock. Other than routine maintenance, I havent had any trouble with mine.
The only thing I keep wondering is what took me so long to get a diesel>
Im very happy with mine and would advise anyone looking for a truck that will last for the long haul to get a Cummins.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:52 PM
lesimon
Professional

I recently purchased a 2005 Ram 4x4 Laramie Quad cab. Ensure that the ball joints are not worn out .020 inch maximum play, mine are all shot and are being replaced under warranty. Most importantly ensure that all the routine maintenance has been done request proof. Once again I have changed all the fluid throughout my beacause the routine maintenance had not been done. My truck only had 30,000 miles on it when I bought it.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:35 AM
XFIRE
Rookie

ORIGINAL: RobertDunn

XFIRE

there are a few problems that come up with the Dodge's, but everything is low key, and if you know about it and expect it ahead of time, it doesn't become a huge problem. I think the biggest is the Lift Pumps. (this is assuming the vehicle is bone stock)

as for a 2005 with only 34K on it... what's the asking price?
im still working the deal, im lookin at 24k right now, i think i can get him lower with cash, the man wants a boat, and thats my business. so i figure i can do a favor for him, save him some money, give him cash for his down payment... hopefully..

Old 01-14-2007, 12:54 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

what I dont like about my '05 is that I cannot lockout OD... I can install a switch that is supposed to fix that but I havent installed it yet. I also have an open diff in the rear.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:04 AM
sharx ram
Champion

My 05 has 31,000 miles on it and so far I havent found anything I dont like about it...unless you count the dirty looks from the Ford andChevy owners! hehehe but you get used to that real quick. [8D]
That and the fact I have to fill up once a week!!!

Old 01-14-2007, 01:23 AM
handymanherb
Banned
Default RE: well this didn't get much attention the first time...

I wish I only filled once a week, I bought it a month ago with 26000 and it's already has 31000 on it, five thousand in 30 days, I wasn't traveling so much before I bought it, so I bought it at the right time anyway.

I feel much safer pulling a trailer with the 2500 CTD because I was right on the edge with the gaser,power and brake wise

Old 01-14-2007, 06:06 PM
sharx ram
Champion
Default RE: well this didn't get much attention the first time...

Well hopefully gas prices will keep going down...you deffinately made a great choice on the truck!

Quick Reply: well this didnt get much attention the first time...