Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

To level or not

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:34 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: To level or not

Does leveling affect the driveline in any way? such as making driveshaft noises or vibrations or anything like that?

Old 01-26-2007, 08:32 AM
sabersix

Anyone know why it comes from the factory unleveled?

Old 01-26-2007, 01:43 PM
bigmike
Professional

I believe these trucks come from the factory with a raked stance because they are designed for work and hauling, that way when you load it down, you won't get the tail dropping look.

As far as the leveling kit and effect on payload - i also added a set of Hellwig adjustable helper leaves on mine which more than makes up for any loss due to the stance. I have hauled pretty heavy and towed over 12k and i love the stance and ride....just my opinion.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Hiloram
Professional

My dad has an 06 CTD with a manual tranny. His is leveled and my auto 4:10 isn't. I get 2-3 MPH better than he does. Might have something to do with the amount of air getting trapped underneath.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:39 PM
crazykidjj87
Veteran

so you call up summit or something and say i need shocks for a 03 cummins that is lifted 2 inches...and they will be like boom bang bam done here ya go?

Old 01-26-2007, 04:03 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

So I faced this delima too when I went in for some upgraded tires. Instead of a level kit, I went with Pro Comp's 3" lift. The lift includes spacers (so gas/diesel use the same kit) upper and lower control arms and MX-6 adjustable shocks. The funny thing is they had to use 1 1/2 blocks to bring UP the rear he he. Most likely because my truck can stock with the Mopar HD front springs, thus my truck as almost level to begin with.

If you are going to level, I STRONGLY recomend dumping the factory shocks. They stink. I love the MX-6's. I can crank them to soft when empty then up to hard when I tow or go off roading. The Non-Adjustable Bilsteins (5100) are also great from what I hear.

Check out the procomp 3" lift for 800 bucks you will not be dissapointed.

Quick Reply: To level or not