Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I think Im going to try dual

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007 | 05:17 PM
GOD RAM IT
|
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I think Im going to try dual

because the that is where the stock muffler was. the stock muffler ended 10 inches before the axle then bent up into the tail pipe. right now I have a 2-2.5 foot piece of pipe pluse the AERO to take up the space that the stock muffler made.so if I cut the cat out I could slide on the AERO in place of the cat clamp it then run a 35" piee of pip inside both AEROs then attach AERO to tail pipe. No couplers needed or flared ends on the pipe.

Old 01-23-2007 | 05:46 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Gotcha !!

I'm sure it'll be just fine, I was just curious. Now I get it.

Old 01-23-2007 | 06:20 PM
crazykidjj87
Veteran

godramit...do you have a drone with just the 4040 in place of the stock muffler? will the cat make a difference on the drone?

Old 01-23-2007 | 06:30 PM
GOD RAM IT
|
Record Breaker

I have absoloutly no drone with the 4040 and the cat right now. I would say yes to the cat having an effect on the drone. With it there wont be any chance of drone. with out it you could get some.

Old 01-23-2007 | 06:34 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Crazy, I have absolutely zero drone at all.
I have mine placed back where the stock muffler was, no cat, and i got the resonated version of the AERO. I couldn't be happier.

Old 01-23-2007 | 07:06 PM
GOD RAM IT
|
Record Breaker

like I said. The "drone" is usually a complaint of people that added the Aero where the cat was.
also, the resonated version of the Aero may have enough back pressure to keep it quiet. that and you're running 3.5" pipe right?

Old 01-23-2007 | 07:29 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah, my stock downtube was 3.5, so i stayed with that size. Ididn't upgrade the size at all. I probably would have had I not JUST bought a new tailpipe thinking that I could buy some time with my stock muffler, but when my muffler puked that out as well, that's when I went for the Aero. Had I needed everything, I probably would have gone up to 4" but no bigger than that.

Old 01-24-2007 | 01:17 AM
crazykidjj87
Veteran

mayfair...how does yours sound? is it rediculously loud or what? i hafta look into this because i think my ehxuast is 3.5 inch but i may run the 4040 or the 4040XL. havent decided yet. i would loveee to hear the difference between the two. aero should have sound clips on their website. hey mayfair, is there any chance of getting a sound clip/video so we can hear your set up?

Old 01-24-2007 | 02:28 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I love they way it sounds. The best way I can advise you to try it is to remove your tailpipe from your set-up right now. My truck sounds pretty much the same way now as it did when my muffler puked out the tailpipe.

As far as a soundclip .... LMAO !!! Your lucky I know how to log on every time I turn on a computer.

Like I said before, if i had to do it all over again, since i would have needed pretty much everything, i probably would have gone with the 4" downpipe going back to the Aero mounted in the stock muffler location and finally throught the tail. I MAY have looked into duals at that point though. LOL !!

Crazy, don't be one bit nervous about the Aero at all. Your gonna love it, but here is one piece of advice I CAN give you right now.

Because you are right now kinda over analyzing your decision, should you finally pull the trigger and go with the Aero, you WILL have your " Bat Ears " on and because you will be SOOOOOOOO tuned into your exhaust you will probably in your head think that it's loud and you may even convince yourself that you hear the alleged "drone" sound. RELAX !!! You'll eventually calm both yourself and your " Bat Ears " down and soon enough you'll convince yourself that it's no louder than it was before.

Old 01-24-2007 | 02:29 AM
Mayfair
Legend

BTW ... I think Aero DOES have sound clips on their site .....

Quick Reply: I think Im going to try dual