Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Oil change how to

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007 | 08:11 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil change how to

No luck with the grease yet huh ??

Removing the fender well seems like WAAAAAAY too much agg !!

Old 01-29-2007 | 12:34 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Mayfair,

I guess I don’t get it. I mean what the heck you have to be under the truck to drain the oil anyway so why would you want to move the air filter out of the way to get to the oil filter, sounds like more work to me!

Old 01-29-2007 | 07:51 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Maybe my oil filter is seated in a different area than yours. My oil filter from the bottom is still kinda blocked by some other stuff. It isn't a straight path to it. Bt removing the air filter ( I have a KNN, so it's really easy ) I not only have a straight path, but I think it's in my opinion a more controlled path. it's easier for me to wrap the bag over the filter from above and hold onto it while loosening the filter. Plus, since I already have the air filter off,I clean it up. Also an easy job.

The grease I was asking about was put on the new filters gasket before spinning it on. Someone here recomended using grease instead of oil because it made removing the filter easier when the time came.

Old 01-29-2007 | 09:00 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

I was thinking you had a stock air system and not a K&N on it so yes that is much easier to take off. You know being your the resident smart *** we have to keep you on your toes now and then[8D]

Quick Reply: Oil change how to