Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

GDP Comp kit.... done ! >>>

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 07:45 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GDP Comp kit.... done ! >>>

I did a little custom work on my lift pump and fuel lines I thought I'd share with you guys....

I changed all the fuel lines over to stainless and all the fittings -an. I know, I know.... some of you will think it's over kill but, I figure I want to do the sweetest job I can with all my mods.

I don't know if it's because I have an 07 but, with the filter mounted on the relocation bracket any where I tried to mount it, the filter hung at least 2" to 3" below the frame rail. This was unacceptable, not that I was going to be rock crawling but it was just too exposed. I didn't care for the horizontal option either.

So, if anyone else has this problem.... here's one idea to deal with it. The relocation bracket comes as kind of an L shape with 2 support braces on it. I took a grinder to the spot welds on on the braces and removed them.

Then, I straightened out the bracket so it was flat. I ran a little tig weld bead across the seam on the bracket to help make it rigid.

As you can see in the picture... I was now able to screw the bracket to the support beam for the cab. There's plenty of room once the screw goes through for it to NOT penetrate the floor of the cab.

Anyone planning to install one of Richards GDP kits.... don't be shy at all. It's easy as pie. I even dropped and reinstalled the tank by myself. It sure helped that it was just about bone dry! Without releasing the rear tank strap all the way, I did remove the front strap and used a floor jack to support it while I removed the connections. Then it was just a matter of releasing the rear tank strap and it drops out in your hands. That's it! ;-)
[align=center]
[/align] [align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

Old 01-28-2007, 01:53 AM
cumminalong
Default RE: GDP Comp kit.... done ! >>>

I've said it before, but that is one impressive lookin' ride...

Old 01-28-2007, 04:36 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran

how come those frame rails are so clean ?where did you get the stepps at?

Old 01-28-2007, 11:21 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

I've said it before, but that is one impressive lookin' ride...
Thanks. I assume though by the lack of responses to this post.... what I did isn't so popular.
Oh well.... I like it [sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 01-28-2007, 11:23 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: i11m10c2

how come those frame rails are so clean ?where did you get the stepps at?
because it's a brand new truck ! [sm=gears.gif] The steps are made by N-Fab

Old 01-28-2007, 12:07 PM
cumminalong

Not that it wouldn't be a popular upgrade, I just subscribe to the "I gotta break it to justify the upgrade" school of thought.

It looks sweet and I'm sure with an upgraded fuel system supporting power mod's, it's a nice comfort factor know that your fuel system definitely won't be a weak link.

Looks awesome!

Old 01-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Sweeeet!!! I did not like the filter hanging down either, Thats a DANG nice looking fab job you did. And the truck is Pimpin too!! Freggin awesome. [sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif]

Old 01-28-2007, 02:11 PM
cookie_monstr
Professional

bad *** truck! did u notice a diff when u installed the cfm? ive been thinkin about getting one to see how it would run and see one (ats or cfm) to my cousin depending on which one i like.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:02 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: cookie_monstr

bad *** truck! did u notice a diff when u installed the cfm? ive been thinkin about getting one to see how it would run and see one (ats or cfm) to my cousin depending on which one i like.
Thanks. No, I didn't notice much difference. It may have helped spool the turbo a little quicker and maybe helped drop an egt or two.

I think the only real difference you'll see with any intake is when you're running high hp. As for the freest flowing without obstruction intake on the market... my money goes on the CFM. I have an ATS all be installing at some point though. They only reason being, the ATS has ports where the CFM doesn't.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Cumminnotstrokin
Professional

Kick *** Truck!!!! Is thet the filter system that get all of the air out of the fuel?

Quick Reply: GDP Comp kit.... done ! >>>