Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I'm headed to Iowa

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm headed to Iowa

yup, I'm headed up that way. . .for only two weeks but that means I'll be away from the internet for two weeks. I dont know what Im gunna do. . .I'll be going through withdrawls[:'(]

I'm heading up to Camp Dodge for my Annual Training saturday. . .woo hoo. . .[&:]

Old 01-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm headed to Iowa

WHOOOOOA ......

I just responded to this post a minute ago and it didn't show up. FREAKY !!!

Anyway ....

Are you driving up or flying?

Will you be under lock and key or something? Why no internet??

Old 01-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Hey Donnie, It looks like your gonna be the tech man while Drew is gone..... ....... he he

Old 01-30-2007, 02:24 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Remember to bring lots of warm cloths as last night here in north IA (25 miles south of the IA/MN state line) it was a nice warm -5 below zero at 3:00 AM and with wind chill it was -29 below zero So are you heading to the sun belt near Ft Dodge or some other nice warm spot in the south part of our nice state that has warmer weather then what we have up in the north part of the state?

Old 01-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Drew
Professional

Ive never been to this place before. . .it's somewhere north of Des Moines I think. Scrawny Ga Boy here's gunna freeze. . .I think it's cold when the temp hits 30-35.

actualy donnie, the whole company is going to flap our arms as hard as we can to get up there, but I dont think the FAA would like that so I think were going commercial carrier.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:21 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

If it’s north of Des Moines then it could be Ankeny, Ames area. They do on average stay a bit warmer by 5 and up to 10 degrees then we do up north. You see it all depends on where the cold front comes from so they could be warmer down south by Des Moines area but if its an Alberta Clipper (wind from the NW) then they can get as cold as we do up here. Most of the time the Des Moines & Ames area gets warmer in the day time then we do up north. FYI, Des Moines is about 70 miles north of the MO/IA state line on I-35.

Right now the temp in Des Moines is +2 above zero (NW wind) and over at Ft. Dodge it’s Zero degrees and up here in the Mason City area its +1 above with a wind chill of –22 below zero. I think you had better go buy some extra, extra, extra warm thermal underwear if you don't then [sm=imsorry.gif] your Scrawny GA *** will freeze up our way if this weather holds on like it has been for the past few weeks.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Drew
Professional

this is why I work with electronics. . .climate controlled

Old 01-30-2007, 06:12 PM
JDH
Rookie

I grew up in Iowa I think Camp Dodge is near Fort Dodge that is a bit north of Ames. in Iowa terms some distance but in texas (Houston) the otherside of town.

Take warm clothes and put them all on if driving put the winter front on and the anti gell in and learn how to drink and bowl because in Iowa in the winter if you don't have a snowmobile thats all there is to do.

Spent my youth in the Waterloo/Cedar Rapids area the Indianola area. Graduated from a private school in Nevada.

I recomment the tradition of a shot and a beer, still cold out but you wont care.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Drew
Professional

I just got word we are flying to Des Moines and taking a buss from there. all the guys in my unit that have been in the past Ames is a town that comes up.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:10 PM
JDH
Rookie

Ames is a unversity town, my sister graduated from it. Some good bars a little college town nightlife but your drinking skills will still be challenged. pretty place in the summer winter is just bleak.

Quick Reply: I'm headed to Iowa