Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

anyone live in the kansas city area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007 | 01:48 AM
DAGS
|
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone live in the kansas city area?

I'm asking becouse I'll be in overland park kansas for three weeks. due to work training, and I'm wondering what is there to do on the weekends. and whats the price of fuel down there? I'll be driving from northern Wi.
thanks Dags

Old 02-02-2007 | 03:24 AM
Barry KC
Default RE: anyone live in the kansas city area?

Diesel is about $2.20.Slightly higher fuel taxes onthe KSside vs MO.Much to do. Great night life at Westport & The Plaza. One of the top stock-car racing tracks (probably not toobusy right now , huge Cabela's,large Cummins warehouse and outlet, etc., etc. Ifthis board is not the place for meto post the info,post a contact address. Might also punch up theKansas City Tourist Bureau for info.

Old 02-02-2007 | 01:35 PM
DAGS
|
Rookie

thanks barry. so get fuel in MO? who's got good Fuel? Tell me about the cummins warehouse..

Old 02-03-2007 | 02:46 AM
Barry KC

Fuel at any major. Tax diff between State lines is probably notmore than 5 cents/gal.
I assume you are dropping south on I-35. Near the town of Claycomo, get in the right lane andtake the I-435 exit Southbound As you near the Missouri river and downtownKansas City, MO you will see on your map that I-435 crosses over Hwy 210near the World's of Fun theme park (like a 6 Flags over Texas). To reach Cummins, exit on Hwy 210. Turn left. Cross under I-35 to the outer road going North.Turn left onto outer road.Take outer road north to N.E. Parvin Rd. Parvin Rd lies on the south side of the World's of Fun. Go East on Parvin perhaps 3/4 of a mile. Large brick building on your right has the "Cummins" logo. Specific address is: 8201 N.E. Parvin Rd. Tel# 816-414-8200
When you finish at Cummins and wantto get toOverland Park, take Hwy 210 to the west a few miles to North Kansas City. Watch for the I-35 signs and take I-35 South. Follow I-35 Southboundto Overland Park
Hope you have a good visit.

Quick Reply: anyone live in the kansas city area?