Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

anyone tried this

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 03:28 AM
Collinlancaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anyone tried this

01'ctd edge comp,k&n intake,4inch exhaust,6-speed 4wd 3inch lift 315's

Old 02-08-2007, 03:30 AM
Collinlancaster

sorry,left out reply.think its used to cool e.g.t.'s and boost power

Old 02-08-2007, 03:36 AM
cracker
Rookie

I have been in another diesel with this system. It for sure works. I think they say around 70 hp and egt drop to the tune of 250 degrees f. The one my friend has I think is a stage 2 system. Basically a switch to turnthe system on and it starts injecting at whatever boost you set it to on his around 25. Check out snowperformance.net. I personally think its a very good system. The reason they use winshield washer fluid is b/c it contains methanol. At least most do. The stickeron the jug will say "contains methanol". So the cost is around the same for the system as propane or nos but a jug of napa washer fluid is a hell of allot cheaper then getting those bottles filled!! Most of all the big online diesel stores sell them.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:11 AM
cracker
Rookie

A brief History:
Water injection was evaluated scientifically in the 1930’s by H. Ricardo who demonstrated that one can basically double the power output of an engine using water/methanol. The first widespread use was during WWII on supercharged and turbocharged aircraft. In 1942, the German Luftwaffe increased the horsepower of the Focke-Wulf 190D-9 fighter aircraft from 1776HP to 2240HP using 50/50% water/methanol injection. The allies soon followed by fitting the P51 Mustang and other high performance aircraft with water/methanol injection. Following the war, the turboprop aircraft industry used water/methanol injection and called it the “automatic power reserve system (APR)†for use in hot or high altitude take off. It surfaced again in the 60’s when GM used a system on the OEM turbo Corvair. It was used effectively in Formula 1 before being banned for adding too much power.

The latest competitive use is in World Rally Racing (WRC) where virtually all teams use it in some form and in diesel truck/tractor pulling competition. It is important to note that in the fall of 2004, the long standing world record in the quarter mile for diesels was broken twice (now 7.98 sec) by two different vehicles; both using the Boost Cooler® water/methanol injection system by Snow Performance.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:14 AM
cracker
Rookie

Sorry I am a airplane mechanic. They military also uses plain water injection on turbine powered aircraft for short runways or hot weather/ high alt airports to reduce egt and increase takeoff power.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:16 AM
sharx ram
Champion

if thats true just drop a couple moth ***** in your gas tank, an old hot rodder trick....it does work I find it hard to believe that wash fluid has enought to make it worth it. just my opinion [8D]

Old 02-08-2007, 03:21 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

Check this out... should answer alot of questions...

http://www.snowperformance.net/

http://www.snowperformance.net/dyno_...esel&pk=26