Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

By-pass oil filter installed........

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:17 AM
jagj52
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: By-pass oil filter installed........

By looking at you zip Sharx you are at the opposite end of town from me... Up in New River?

Old 02-09-2007, 03:19 AM
jagj52
Rookie

Gonna be nice to be back home in the warmth Sharx... This Ely weather can get pretty nasty at times! It has been 5 yrs since I left AZ and will not leave again!

Old 02-09-2007, 11:01 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: jagj52

Looks sweet Triton, How long did the install take for the FS2500, and how difficult was it? When I buy my replacement for my '01 that rolled on the 30th I am seriously thinking about buying one of their setups after I relocate to the Phoenix area.
Thanks. It took about an hour and that was taking my sweet time. There's really nothing to the install.
I waited until I was ready to change my oil. I drained the oil and let it sit until I got the filter installed.

I bolted on the bracket, mounted the filter and ran the hoses. One goes to the oil pan or like where I put my return.. to the valve cover cap. The other goes to the port on top of the OEM filter location.

I just figured out which AN fittings I needed, ordered some custom cut SS line and the rest is history ;-)

The kits can and do come with JIC fittings and rubber hose or they come with SS hose. Not like what I used but, never the less it's SS. The kits range in price depending on which route you want to go.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Everything looks sweet, but I'm curious as to how you go about changing the aftermarket filter. Is there enough room to spn that thing off ??

Old 02-09-2007, 03:24 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Im actually in North Phoenix 35th Ave and Deer Valley

Old 02-09-2007, 04:00 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

Sweet setup Triton... what about swapping out the fuel filter? I usually go under my Arc Flo with one arm during the swap to get the wrench going... did you do a dry run of sorts to see if you have enough room?

Old 02-09-2007, 04:41 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

That setup looks sweet. I like the look of your connections and stainless hose. I can understand why you spent the extra money..

When did you go to the arc flow? What did you do with the CFM intake? If youstill have itand it works on the 04, let me know if you would like to get rid of it. I can't remember if it works for mine or not, I haven't looked for a while.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:37 PM
triton
Record Breaker

Thanks guys. Just trying to help with ideas for others ;-)

Mayfair - Everything looks sweet, but I'm curious as to how you go about changing the aftermarket filter. Is there enough room to spn that thing off ??
changing is as easy as unscrewing the bolt in the middle of the top and the housing drops out from under it. There's plenty of room on the battery side for it to come right out :-)

steve05ram360 - Sweet setup Triton... what about swapping out the fuel filter? I usually go under my Arc Flo with one arm during the swap to get the wrench going... did you do a dry run of sorts to see if you have enough room?
that's a bit of tricky maneuvering for sure. There's still enough room between the master cylinder and the back of the intake for me to reach in to unscrew the lid. From there I can just drop it under the truck ;-)
Didn't do a dry run but, it's just about how I did it recently when I installed the walbro. You're right though...... with just the CFM it wouldn't have been a problem.

aka_chewy - When did you go to the arc flow? What did you do with the CFM intake? If youstill have itand it works on the 04, let me know if you would like to get rid of it. I can't remember if it works for mine or not, I haven't looked for a while.
I've had it for a while now. I figured while I was in there installing the oil filter, I might as well give the ATS a shot. Plus, I had it powder coated and wanted to see how that looked.

Thanks for the offer but, I'm going to hold onto the CFM. I'm sure it would work on your truck, I just don't want to sell it at the moment ;-)

Quick Reply: By-pass oil filter installed........