Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

By-pass oil filter installed........

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:06 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default By-pass oil filter installed........

I've read up on a lot of by-pass filter over the last few weeks. I was real close to installing Pure Power stainless steel filter but, after seeing SO many disagreements when I posted asking about it, I decided to send it back. I may still go for it but, I'll give it some time on the market first.

I've used SS oil filters in my KTM for years and IMO, they work excellent. A lot of guys who responded to my post have been around diesels much longer than I so, I figured I should stick with a medium of filtration that's known to work on our diesels.

So, I went with the FS2500. I bought the filter without hoses and installed my own hoses. I also purchased the BK valve cover return cap. I have to say they way this thing is build, it could be the " black box " on an airplane. The bracket bolts to the block in the space in front of the fuel rail. The bracket is really built and as tough as the filter housing.

It has extra ports to make a double filter by-pass if you wanted. It also has a needle attachment to draw oil samples.

Most feel the cost for this filter is too much but, then so are a lot of things. My truck was too much so, if I need to spend some more to keep it on the road longer... why not. As a business owner myself, I understand businesses are in it to make money. They also want to cover their overhead otherwise what's the point of doing it. Sure, there are other options but, I feel this is a very quality product and worth the cost.

I also got my ladder bars back and install them. Man do they do what thy're claimed to do. I feel with the mods I have I can generate a decent amount of power. I could smoke the tires at will and had a hard time not spinning the wheel coming out a turns with a slight step on the pedal.
Now! I can't turn them at all. All I get is a solid lauch. I kinda miss being able to smoke them at will but, it sure helps keep the thread on my tires. Plus... it will help when I line up at the track with the local mouth runnings ;-)

Anyway, the bars made a huge different in cornering ( hardly any roll ), keeping the tires planted and axle hop is just about non-existant anymore. I top of that.... they just look cool ;-)

Old 02-08-2007, 09:23 PM
sharx ram
Champion
Default RE: By-pass oil filter installed........

Damn Triton, it look's sweet...thanks for the pics [8D]

Old 02-08-2007, 10:04 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: sharx ram

Damn Triton, it look's sweet...thanks for the pics [8D]
Thanks Sharx.. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-08-2007, 11:58 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Did you have the ladder bars built or were they pre made?

Old 02-09-2007, 12:03 AM
triton
Record Breaker

they're GDP ladder bars.....I did send them out for powder coating though. Richard sells them that way but, couldn't match my OEM paint.

http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/

Richard .. that owns GDP couldn't be a nicer guy. I believe he designs and fabs them at his shop. He's also the home of one of the most popular aftermarket lift pumps for sale the ( Walbro & MK+2 filter kits )

Old 02-09-2007, 12:56 AM
buickturbot

Who did you buy your FS2500 setup from, did the mounting brkt come with it or from a different suplier?

Thanks Adam

Old 02-09-2007, 01:25 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: buickturbot

Who did you buy your FS2500 setup from, did the mounting brkt come with it or from a different suplier?

Thanks Adam
I bought it from Tim @ http://www.accuratediesel.com/

he is an authorized dealer and has kits or individual items. The person on ebay selling just the housing very likely isn't a dealer for FS... I don't know though. I checked with FS and Tim is.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:43 AM
jagj52
Rookie

Looks sweet Triton, How long did the install take for the FS2500, and how difficult was it? When I buy my replacement for my '01 that rolled on the 30th I am seriously thinking about buying one of their setups after I relocate to the Phoenix area.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:53 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Hey J, where are you moving to in Az?...thats where Iam at. Have to look me up when you get here.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:07 AM
jagj52
Rookie

Will be moving to Chandler... Major cross streets will be McQueen and Occotillo. Actual addy will be 1421 E Redwood Rd

Quick Reply: By-pass oil filter installed........