Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Hey Diesel Demon!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:52 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Diesel Demon!

I was wondering if you knew if they were going to repair the railway from Bing to Utica?, the one that goes through Chenango forks,Greene, oxford, Norwich ect.?

Just wondering because that was one of the reasons why a Biodiesel plant hasnt been built in Norwich and part of the reason why they did a bunch of needed maintenance on it the last few years.
But now of course there is so much flood damage that they probably are going to shut that section off for good.

Just curious if you knew. I wouldnt mind having a choice of biodiesel in the area.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:29 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hey Diesel Demon!

The line is operational at the northern end. I think it's owned by the Adirondack railroad. They work industries up north to generate revenue for the scenic train they operate. The line that you see branch off in Chenango Forks was abandoned several years ago.

You would see drags of cars being stored there, or maybe a small train head north just a little farther up towards your neck of the woods. The NYSW owns cars that they lease to industries, and cars they hold for customers. They had no place to store them so they used a few sidings as storgae tracks.

The line will never be reopened.

I'm sick of the cold, how about you? lol.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:23 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey Diesel Demon!

Well they did a bunch of work to the tracks around here with the intent of doing a scenic railroad trip or something but a few spots here in Oxford are so washed out that there are just the two metal rails suspened in air. LOL

Im not sick of the cold yet, it just got here. I still have some fishing to do yet. ha ha ha

Quick Reply: Hey Diesel Demon!