Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

ignition switch delay

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 05:36 PM
spanky spanky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition switch delay

I have a 2006 Dodge cummins and all the sudden when you turn the ignition switch to off and pull out the key there is a few seconds delay before the engine dies. Anyone heard of this happening before. It seems like a relay is sticking or something.

thanks

Old 02-14-2007, 07:20 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Default RE: ignition switch delay

welcome to DF... sounds like a problem, key off = no fuel, bring it back to the dealer for them to have a look.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:10 AM
jakebrake
Champion

I know some of the big bores run for a few seconds after key off. If I remeber right its the ecm powering down. Although that doesn't explain why it didn't do this before. You can try swapping relays out and see if that fixes it.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:31 AM
spanky spanky

Ok I have figured it out. I installed a backup camera with a screen. I connected both of there positive wires to a pink wire from the switch that the service manual said wasthe accessory wire. I had to remove the camera to send it back for service. I think that is when it all started. That removed a load from I guess a capacitor that works with thescreen. When I turn the screen on and kill it, it dies.

Quick Reply: ignition switch delay