Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

When did the '07's come out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Trebor Snave
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When did the '07's come out?

Does anyone know approximately when the 2007's started showing up at the dealer's?

I'm looking at a couple of new 2006's and I want to be able to tell them at least how long they've been on the lot.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:13 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: When did the '07's come out?

I'm not totally positive about this but, the ECM changed in 6/06 so I'd say that's when to 07's were released.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:38 PM
reed
Veteran

A good dealer will be willing to tell you how long a truck has been on the lot. If not, look at the stamp in the door sill for the manufacture date. My dealer acknowledged the truck had been on the lot for 11 months.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:44 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: reed

A good dealer will be willing to tell you how long a truck has been on the lot. If not, look at the stamp in the door sill for the manufacture date. My dealer acknowledged the truck had been on the lot for 11 months.
The stamp doesn't equate to time on the lot. It does tell you the manufacture date though.

I didn't know good and dealer went together ? well.. I guess there could be some.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:58 PM
reed
Veteran

Well, the manufacture date tells you it was sitting somewhere and if the dealer won't tell you, then use that date as leverage. I guess some of the Dodge dealers I've dealt with were so bad that the last salesman seemed like a saint in comparison. I spent all day with him test driving different trucks. He never pressured me to buy or fill out an application or anything. I originally went in to buy a 1500 TRX 4x4, but after he suggested test driving a CTD, I left in the 2500 CTD 4x4. Since I recently bought a 28' Weekend Warrior, I'm glad I'm not strugling pulling it.

ORIGINAL: triton

ORIGINAL: reed

The stamp doesn't equate to time on the lot. It does tell you the manufacture date though.

I didn't know good and dealer went together ? well.. I guess there could be some.