Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

windows freezing.............

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:51 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: windows freezing.............

ORIGINAL: SpLaT

Grease !? Gonna make windows awful hard to see outta!!
Use silicon spray on all the rubber around windows and door seals will keep em from dryin out, and not to mention won't gather dirt like grease will! As for frozen window... use an ice scraper or ifyoudon't have one, use a credit card and run it along thebottom of the exterior seal and between the window glass. Moisture runs down the window and will collect between the window and that bottom (wipper) seal, which turns to ice (when below freezing) thus "freezing" the window.
This works on my 05 not sure what year yours is?

It wasn't meant seriously. It's kind of obvious. It could have helped get the wheels rolling though [sm=trust_me.gif] :-)

Old 02-17-2007, 12:29 AM
troop
Rookie

You think your window freezing is a problem, let me tell you about mine. First real cold we got I'm out plowing with my 06 go to put the window down before I could let off the switch after discovering it was frozen the track went down and the window stayed. finished plowing one spot moved onto the next hit a snowbank bam the window falls in the door, unknown how the damn thing didn't shatter. I go to the local dealer they take the door apart say its too cold to epoxy put it back in the track and on the way I go. 1 week later same thing happens so i fised it myself, sprayed silicone around the seal and it didn't help still freezes. So my advice if its stuck don't keep holding the switch use silicon and warm water.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:26 PM
SpLaT
Captain

LOL Triton ( I knew where you were going with that)

You'd be surprised what some will do!! I mentioned silicon to keep door seal and other soft rubber like material looking new and clean not as a ice breaker. Where I live I experience plenty cold so washing my truck I alsways end up with a frozen window. My experience is they freeze at the bottom most outter seal (bottom of window frame)I simply run a credit card along the bottom of window and between it and the seal... works every time! Unless you got the window track that goes around the sides and top of the window frame wet (lined with felt) then you really have a problem and have to get truck into a nice warm place to thaw it out.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:48 PM
ramspeed
Rookie

This does it,first I moved because most accidents happen with in 25 miles of home,now you have to move ,because of frozen windows......-

Later tater

Quick Reply: windows freezing.............