Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 03:29 AM
joepascoe19
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift

i was wondering what people are putting on for lift kits im looking to go with a 6" lift was wondering what kits are good and what ones to stay away from

Old 02-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Default RE: lift

Pretty much anything of quality will be good ie fabtech, superlift, skyjacker, full traction. They are going to be expensive for a 6" lift but when it comes to suspension I would go with quality and cry once than get junk and cry many times.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:54 PM
cumminalong

Stay away from Pro-Comp. There springs are known to be stiff and sag fairly quickly.

Skyjacker has good springs, but they ride a little stiff

Superlift is good choice. Nice spring packs for the rear and bulletproof bracketry

Rize, Donahoe Racing, and Koreare pretty much god among suspension systems. Theyall use Deaver springs which are top notch.

Some folks are impressed with the Kelderman stuff. To me it's just a bunch of super cool smoke and mirrors, but not realistic for the average driver.

Can't give you anything on Fabtech, CST, or Full Traction. I've never ownedone of thosesystems or ridden in one.

All things considered and looking at the cost, I'd go for Superlift. They have a nice setup. If money isn't a concern, look at the Rize, Donahoe, or Kore systems. Big $$$$, but they'll take anything you can throw at them.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:29 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

Ack... I have the Pro Comp 3" lift. LOL.

Guess its ok since the kit comes with spacers and not springs. Also Pro Comp has a lifetime warrenty, so if you do get spring sag, they have to replace them for the life of your truck.

If, I was in the market for a decent, budget6" lift, I would go superlift with the bilstien shocks (can be had for 1295 or so for the lift). If I was in the market for a bling lift, then I would go Kore Chase ($2300 just for the lift (don forget to add the 450 dollar steering damp)).

Old 02-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Ben D.
Champion

Taht lift triton has i believe is superlift and it looks pretty friggin sweet if you ask me.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:49 PM
jagj52
Rookie

Kelderman makes a NICE adjustable air ride lift kit. If you want it up have it up and when you return home and need in the garage just drop it down so you can pull into your garage. They carry a 5-6" lift and also carry a 8-10" lift kit. All their kits are manufacturer spacific.

Quick Reply: lift