Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

03CTD Smog engine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 03:50 PM
russj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03CTD Smog engine?

My 03 truckwas purchased newin Sacramento CA by the last ownerand has the ISB235 motor with the 48RE tranny. It's a 4x4 Quad Cab with the 3:73 anti-spin diff. Seems my HP rating is lower than most.

I'm a newbe here so please be kind-

Did I buy a bastard truck or maybe just a de-rated smog rig that can be upgraded?

Old 02-19-2007, 10:43 AM
JDH
Rookie
Default RE: 03CTD Smog engine?

It sounds like the Kalif. version of the ISB 250 SO. I have the same but in the non-Kalif.
I understand that the early 03 so had the 47re which is what I have. I bought it used at 130000 have 159000 with no problems at all. I do understand that if you mod them they will make some big hp and tq but I am happy just they way it is.
The previous owner had puta 5 in pipe on it and I was told it had been chiped but chip is gone. I hope to drive the truck to over 300000 and then decide if I should rebuild, I most likely will due to the lack if epa mandated junk on the truck somewhat like a 60's car simple and powerful but just enough electronics to be effecient.
I love the truck and the boat it pulls.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:30 PM
russj
Default RE: 03CTD Smog engine?

Thanks for the info! I think I'm with you on the modding for now- however if I start towing in the future I might look at some electronics.
Luv this rig! Wish my frugal side hadn't kept me from owning one for so long! Russ

Quick Reply: 03CTD Smog engine?