Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Who washes their engine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Who washes their engine?

unless you have an aftermarket CAI like I do. . .just wrap it in a trash bag and go to town with the simple green. . .then let it sit for a bit and hose it off with a low pressure stream from a pressure washer. . .dont get to agressive with the pressure.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:47 PM
ramspeed
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would wash my old 94 at the car wash and the water in fuel lite would come on,but it was time to service it so it would go right out......go to advance store,find a young part time worker and ask for spark plugs an wire set....they are the only one's that don't find any humor in that..............later tater

Old 02-21-2007, 12:41 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Should I adjust the muffler bearings with the metric adjustable wrench while under the hood too?

Thanks all, I just wanted to make sure the Dodge wasn't "sensitive" about water under the hood.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:42 PM
cardude
Amateur

ORIGINAL: Watermelon

Just dont put a high pressure nozzle on the plastic cover on top of the valve cover, it will blow the CUMMINS name right off!!!!!! I fiund out the hard way. Now I have a plain black valve cover.[:@]
whell you actually dont need a high pressure nozzle to remove the cummings and dodge paint, mine fell of on its own, no pressure washing or normal washing, just 1½ years of daily use and its almost gone, simple water slashing will remove the paint.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I used Simple Green on mine the last time, but I think I'm gonna try that S100. It works AWESOME on my bike, and it kinda leaves some sort of protective coating on the engine when it's done making it easier to clean the next time. It's expensive, but it works GREAT !!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:08 PM
jakebrake
Champion

Steam cleaner about once a month.

Quick Reply: Who washes their engine?