Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:23 PM
presspro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump

Has anyone had any trouble with there fuel pump? I have a 2004.5 Dodge 2500 with the Cummins Diesel 2WD. My fuel pump went at 57,700 miles. Was told by dealer(out of town when it happen) that was not covered under the powertrain. Cost over $1,000 to have it fixed!!I have not towed anything with this truck. I do have a Bully Dog programer with it but keep it at performance setting. I have performed all my own maint. on my vechicle all my life and never had a fuel pump go out so soon.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Watermelon
Captain
Default RE: Fuel Pump

The dealer blew you full of smoke!!!!!!! the pump is covered under the 100k warranty. Just had mine replaced at no cost with 90k on the odometer. This is a common problem, they didnt even ask me any questions. I would talk smack to that dealer, It sounds like they put your money in their pocket and sent a bill to the factory. Get a lawyer!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 10:00 PM
OohRah

Just had mine replaced at 214K mikes. I called the dealer and they told me the same thing, $1K to install a new one. Took it to a local diesel shop and it ended up costing me $376. Should have changed it myself but was in a hurry to get the truck going. I think the pump itself is under $200. That's on the 98 12 valve.....................

Old 02-20-2007, 10:44 PM
CutterW
Captain

My parents 01 Dodge had the same problem. 04 I wanna say it went out, they changed it off the warranty. Happen again in 06 and this time they changed the pump and within a week our throttle sensor quit, which they said shouldnt have happen. We held off paying the second time until they changed the Throttle Sensor, a lifter and the fuel pump. Not fully sure on all this, but I do know my mother was the one who told them what to fix, and it runs new again.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:37 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Lift pump or high pressure pump??? Sounds like that dealer took you. I would follow up with Dodge and ask them to help you out.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump