Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Think I mighta sold pop (Ford guy) on a CTD!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:54 PM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think I mighta sold pop (Ford guy) on a CTD!

So, my parents are down here from NY and pop drives an F350 SD 6.0

Anyways, he's been ragging me about the Dodge and the problems I had with it before (not mentioning that his previous 6.0 was a buy back). Well we went to dinner a little while ago and I told him to drive. I turned the Juice and Attitude to "0" so that he could have a fair comparison. Within 5 miles to the resturant, he had this BSEG on his face that was priceless. "Holy $hit! This has got nuts off the bottom."

So we go in for dinner and he keeps talking about how the thing just comes on right from the bottom and how you don't have to plan a pass, like he does on his 6.0. Tells me that under 2K, his 6.0 doesn't have the snap that the CTD does.

After we come out, I ask him if he really wants to see what it'll do. So him, my mother, my wife and me get in the truck and I show him how the Attitude works. He puts it on "3" and off we go. Hahahahahahaha! He gets this grin from ear to ear! "Holy $hit!"

We got back to the house and he did a few walk arounds on the truck. He nods his head a few times and says, "Yeah, she'll move out alright."

We've been having a few beers and he keeps eye balling my truck.

I see a new CTD in the near future!

Old 02-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Think I mighta sold pop (Ford guy) on a CTD!

I think I may have sold a guy that is in my unit on a cummins as his next truck. . .even thought he's been eyeing this dakota R/T. he has yet to ride in it, but I'm sure he will

Old 02-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Ben D.
Champion

It seems to be that once you buy wanna these things you'll never own anything else. I talk to lotsa people and most are on their second third or fourth CTD. Say they will never buy anything else.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:26 AM
Watermelon
Captain

I was a Ford and chevy man until I took a ride in a 98.5 cummins.I went out and bought aone the next day! And this 04 is like driving a Fast sports car with a rattle under the hood. I can still remember the days of 6 to 7mpgs on the 454 and the 460 and they wont even keep up with the CTDs.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:28 AM
jakebrake
Champion

my buddy just bought a 99ctd (got it last weekend), he was a big hemi guy. A straight up gashole until he road in my cummins. We're cuttin his muffler out tomarrow

Old 02-24-2007, 02:14 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

All it took was[sm=wootwoot.gif] and pops was Funny stuff cumminalong

Old 02-24-2007, 04:56 PM
cumminalong

Well, we went out to breakfast this morning. First thing pop says is, "This thing is really quiet. It doesn't even sound like a diesel." Then mom chimed in, "Yeah, this is nice."

Then the truck stayed running when we got out and mom is looking at me like.....what the hell. So I explain the turbo timer and she looks at pop and says, "Maybe that would have saved the turbo on your other truck?" I had to giggle.

Uh oh.....mom chimed in. Pop's screwed now.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here you go

Old 02-25-2007, 01:33 PM
caytos

A friend of my fathers was a long time Ford PS owner. I needed his help getting my dads boat out of the lake during rough conditions. I had him back my truck (see Sig) down the ramp. Once we got out of the water he ragged on me for trading in my '03 Super Duty Ford PS for a Dodge. A week later I saw him driving a brand new '06 Heavy Duty QC CTD. That 5 minute ride up and down the boat ramp had him hooked. Guess I got the last laugh.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:15 PM
beachmstr

Did your truck come with the trubo timer on it? If not where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Quick Reply: Think I mighta sold pop (Ford guy) on a CTD!