Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Oil Bypass Filter Recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:17 AM
lesimon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Bypass Filter Recomendations

I was hoping that someone could recomend which oil bypass filter system that I should go with. I would also appreciate it if someone could give me a link to possible suppliers here on Vancouver Island,British Columbia, Canada. Any technical data would also be appreciated.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:18 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Oil Bypass Filter Recomendations

go with the one Steve has. . he's got a good write up on it. as far as suppliers, I know Amsoil can ship it to you, you may just need to find a local dealer.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:44 PM
SpLaT
Captain

Hey Lesimon,

Try BD diesel performance in Abbotsford/Langley they have all kinds of goodies for diesels You could go with the "FS2500" system they have a nice mounting plate that attaches the filter housing up near the "intake arc" keeps it up high, outta da gravel/mud. I believe another forum member "Triton" is using it?

Old 02-27-2007, 12:52 PM
lesimon
Professional

Thank you for the info SpLat I called BD diesel performance in Abbostford/Langley for a price on the FS2500 yesterday. I almost fell over when he quoted me $648 for the system. I guess I will try to price out other systems, I have not been very successful on finding other local suppliers. I might end up ordering it from the internet, just concerned on how long it will take to get here dealing with customs and all. Oh and by the way that did not include installation that was an additional 2 hrs labour. I would install it myself. Amsoils system appears to be more resonably priced with the same filtration efficiencies.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hum. . . .the BMK11 kit at Amsoil is only $174. this is the one for the 2004 and later engine.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:00 AM
bekim
Professional

oilguard.com sells their systems directly for quite a bit less than fs2500. Compared to the BMK-11 it costs and filters the same(although filters cost less with the Oilguard system). The Oilguard system comes with all lines and fittings, and billet return oil cap. I know the billet cap does not come with the amsoil system.

Note: the leaking oil has been eliminated by tightening the fittings. Pic taken right after install.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28306/6D3A8B3FFE2E480D8A04FB1CDE0602C1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2007, 12:15 AM
triton
Record Breaker

There's a lot of different by-passes out there and you'll find as many different opinions about them. I personally went with the FS2500. The price you were quoted was way out there !

You can get one on ebay here....
http://search.ebay.com/fs2500_W0QQfr...dsreturnedZ300

without the hoses and do your own set up like mine here....

[align=center][/align]

Or, you can give Tim a call here for a set up with either with rubber hoses or SS hoses....http://www.accuratediesel.com/shop/c...=12.21.229.204

According to several guru's the Frantz's TP filter set up is all that. As I said, it just depends on who you talk too.

Quick Reply: Oil Bypass Filter Recomendations