Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Somthing is BAD wroung!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 01:13 PM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Somthing is BAD wroung!!!!!!!

I went to start my truck this morning and it was deed. I charged the battery and it fired up. The 2509 code came up of course with the low voltage ECM/PCM. I rest the code and started down the road. I noticed my gear indicator was not on park drive 123 ect. Then when I got on the road and gave it gas it did not wont to go. Like the trans was in overdrive and not 1st gear. I unhooked the batteries to try to rest the ECM/PCM and nothing. Any thought other than go to the dealer. HAHA. I am Monday.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: Somthing is BAD wroung!!!!!!!

I'm wondering if you have either a dead battery, or a hot ground

Old 02-25-2007, 09:27 PM
usafr
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn dude,, thats the exact thing mine is doing right now. Gonna call the local dealer on Mon and have them come and get it. Mine wasn't dead and didn't throw a code though.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:50 PM
htgriffith
Veteran

Well what ever I got it's bad. I think the ECM is bad. Looks like it is not letting the torque converter lock up. Plus when I turn the key the gear indicator is out. I also tried to select o/d tow button and it does not light up. I took the program out and put it back to stock and cleared the code. That did not work. So I think I am in a bad way. Plus I am 200 miles from home on a land rig. I hope the dealer down here is a good one. And Drew this happened before as far as the batteries going down. I thought I had left something on so blew it off and cleared the code. The trans was not effected that time. I had a few hard starts after that I was just think well it was cold last night. Well wish me luck and USAF lets keep each othier informed. HAHAHA you got to laugh or I would cry....................

Old 02-25-2007, 11:57 PM
usafr
All Star

Yeah, my lights dont come on either,, I tried the tow/haul thing too and it didn't light up. I'm gonna call the dealer first thing in the morning and have them pick it up. I dont see how the programmer could make it screw up,, I don't ever drive crazy.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:09 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

Programmer what programmer, what is a programmer? I did not know you could program a truck.Learn somthing knew everyday......

Old 02-26-2007, 01:08 AM
usafr
All Star

EXACTLY,, couldn't of said it better myself man. dealer : "u have a programmer?" me : "name, rank, serial number"

Old 02-26-2007, 01:05 PM
htgriffith
Veteran

Update : I took it in this morning. The service manager told me that the truck goes in to safe mod when the P2509 code came up not letting the truck out of 2nd gear. They are working on it know. Hope I do not need a new PCM. I will know something today......................

Old 02-27-2007, 02:16 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

Update : Well to keep a long long story short I am getting a new PCM in the morning. Some how my PCM thinks I have a manual transmission and not a automatic. We had a bad lighting storm Saturday night and they said that could have done it via static electricity. They wonted my insurance to pay for it and not them. Well after not being able to prove or disprove anything what so every they are fixing it. During all the back and fourth and it looked like they were not going to fix the truck I asked for a letter saying they denied warranty and would not warranty my truck in so many words. Well the whole ball game changed then. Something some may know but was new to me. I found out why it is hard to get somethings under warranty. The service manager told me if he sent the PCM back and they found that it was not a defective part and it was self inflicted by me or a none Dodge service centerhe would NOT get payed for parts and labor. He would foot the bill. Well I should get it back late Tuesday.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Drew
Professional

now aint that some crap. . .these things work in margins of error and if the sensors dont see a certian voltage, if the PCM sends it a bit low say 4.8V instead of 5, however the sensor needs 5, but actualy needs 5.2V, there may be an error thrown.

I see this all the time at work. there is a margin of accuracy that is used, my calibrator could be putting out 3v on the dot, but the multi meter is only readin 2.997V, that is within the margin, however there is that .003v error that could mean the difference between something working and something not.

once again STAR has their head up their 4th point of contact.

Quick Reply: Somthing is BAD wroung!!!!!!!