Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

trucks wont shift

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
dave_thunderroad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: truck wont shift update

well thats great.....just as i suspected i think my dealer is shooting in the dark on this problem. so i know when they put the sensor in, it wont fix it......the thing is ,the S E S light didnt even come on at all and i had previously checked dtc's with the bd so how in the heck did they find a bad "range sensor"oh man im starting to get worried.im gonna do some research on this sensor and see what i can find

Old 03-01-2007, 10:30 PM
usafr
All Star

Mine didn't throw any codes at all,so I wouldn't worry about it too much, sounds like theirjust taking a shot in the dark. If that doesn't fix it, see if you can get to the truck with the programmer and get BD on the phone.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:54 PM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

USAFR- I had said to reprogram it with the 2.3.8 v 2 days ago after talking to BD. They called me today asking what they could do to make it up to me. The head engineer is calling Friday to talk to me. Like I said I wrote a letter to them and it got their attention. But I agree they should not have released a bad program. But I bet it will not happen again after this. It pays to write letters and phone calls. I told them the news was out on the net and they like to had a baby. If they wont to make it right with me I always wonted a outlook. HAHA

Old 03-01-2007, 11:20 PM
usafr
All Star

HAAAAAHAA . I told them the same exact thing. I even told him how I bought one, couldn't get it to work, even after calling BD. He said he would get back in touch with me. He did promise to send me some hats and t-shirts though, for the trouble.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:18 AM
dave_thunderroad

went to dealer to see if i could find my truck to install the 2.3.8 program.......figured they could put the sensor in and let em think they fixed it ,BUT when i got there they were closed but the janitor guy was there and i told him i needed to get something out of my vehicle i showed him my registration and blah blah. anyway he let me go in the shop to get it.....when i walk in i find my truck on a rack with the trans pan removed and the valve body on a work bench beside it.....so i tell the guy dont worry about it and now its basically there guinea pig......if that damn sensor fixes it ill be suprised but im sure it wont........so who did you guys talk to at bd

Old 03-02-2007, 01:06 AM
usafr
All Star

I talked to a service rep. After explaining what was going on, I asked if they could somehow fix the problem. He said that he would turn it over to the software engineers and give me a call back. Sure enough, about 30 min later he called back and said that all I needed to do was plug the programmer in and they would talk me through it, and that it really wasn't a big deal. I gotta give it to BD, they stand behind a $500 product better than Diamler Chrysler stands behind a $34,500 one. I love the CTD, but I believe that this will be my last Dodge product.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:47 PM
dave_thunderroad

well as of today my truck has had a new valve body installed and the range sensor and guess what still not fixed......i wish i could get over there and just put that new program in it but they called yesterday and said dodge tech line told em put in a new pcm, soooooo we will see what happens..........i allways thought those guys over there was pretty good techs but oh well

Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 PM
usafr
All Star

The tech at the dealer told chrylser that I had messed with the truck, so chrysler wouldn't fix it. Be glad that your dealer is being human and trying to fix ur truck.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:57 AM
dave_thunderroad

ok last night i went up to the stealer and my truck was outside so i installed the 2.8 BD version and it didnt fix it. i dont know if they had something taken out of it like a sensor or what but it didnt fix it.......i did the install like i allways do and then returned to stock like i allways do but i dont know.........is there a certain procedure for this to fix the problem??????

Old 03-09-2007, 12:26 PM
usafr
All Star

No, that won't work. You have to get Bully Dog on the phone at the same time, they have to go through the steps with you. There are some codes that have to be reset with the programmer, and the vin will have to be retyped in. The whole process takes about 20 min.

Quick Reply: trucks wont shift