Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:31 AM
robert97dodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ride

Well I finally decided to go ahead and trade in my old 01' dodge on one tons and 40's for a '05 dodge CTD. I ended up getting a 2wd this time because now I also have a 86' chevy on 38" boggers that will be trailered. Anyways I have had it a month and a half and I love it. I put a diablo sport predator programmer on it and straight piped the exhaust. A friend of mine traded in his truck fora '07 so I got some grey headlights and new grille from him. Then a couple weeks ago I dropped the rear 1" by removing the factory blocks under the leaf springs. I dont see why chrysler even put them there in the first place since it is 2wd. Anyways here are some pics before the drop.

I have decided that I want the truck lower to the ground though to tuck the tires a little better. Mostly in the rear. BUT I want a good ride and I have to be able to pull a trailer with my chevy on it. I will be pulling it at least 6 hours to arkansas soon so I need something reliable and that can handle the weight. So I decided I need to use air bags. First off all I dont know much about bags. I am used to 4wds and lifting so this is all new to me. Does anyone make a bolt on kit for the 2500 dodges? Also where should I go to get bags and what brands should I look at and what should I stay away from? And how reliable are bags? I have heard some bad stories about bags popping. I am not gonna be dragging the frame or anything like that. I just want to be able to set it down some more and be able to raise it when loaded.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:36 AM
finny
All Star
Default RE: New ride

nice truck

Old 02-26-2007, 12:02 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

First off, nice looking truck. I like the grill.

Second, as far as air bags go, I know Firestone seems to be a popular airbag. A few people I know that run 5th wheels in all winter have Firestione bags and have been really happy with them. The truck I bought was set up to haul campers and has airbags on them, I just don't know what make or model. I am trying to track down the original owner to find out. I have two valves that are drilled through the underside of the rear bumper to fill/empty the bags. I know you can set it up with an onboard compressor too.

I would start with looking up firestone, at least it will give you some information and you can go from there.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:35 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Nice looking truck [8D]

Old 02-26-2007, 06:10 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

nice truck

Old 02-27-2007, 01:32 AM
caytos

Nice truck. It's nice to see someone from my neck of the woods. I thought that front plate looked familiar.

Quick Reply: New ride