Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Flashing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:13 AM
soniclm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing?

I have a 2000 2500 CTD 2wd truck and I get like 14 mpg city, using drews brew with a factory pipe but with no muffer and cat. I was wonderin what all does flashing do, I think my truck may of had a programmer or something cause of the shifting it does. I'm thinking I should get somewhat better gas mileage and also with mytruck, when I floor it goin up hills, it doesn't down shift. I'm gonna try hauling a heavy load with it that someone suggested in another thread i posted. Thanks for our help.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Default RE: Flashing?

Just wanted you to know that your truck will not get Gas mileage, but it will get fuel mileage

Old 02-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

14 city aint too bad. . .now 14 on the highway is something to complain about.

anyway, these trucks even with a load wont downshift untill the RPMs realy drop, the turbo only spools up putting more power through the flywheel.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:37 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: DBLR

Just wanted you to know that your truck will not get Gas mileage, but it will get fuel mileage
Meanie!

But yes......get a trailer, load it to the hilt and run that puppy hard for a little while. Fill it up about 1/4 of a tank, throw 32 oz of Diesel Kleen in there and build some boost and EGT and clear that daily driving funk out of there. She'll run 100% better afterwwards.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:48 PM
soniclm
Professional

I loaded a about 6000 pund trailer and it towed it easy, felt like it wasn't there, drove up a steep hill but no black smoke, I'm gonna wait till use some more fuel then gonna put some more PSD in it then

Old 03-01-2007, 06:56 PM
cumminalong

6000K is like throwing a bar babe in the back of that thing after a bad night with Jose'!

Load that puppy up.

1/4 tank of fuel, 32 oz of PS, find the biggest hill you can, lock out the OD and hammer down. You won't get much black smoke, but it will burn all the damn carbon buildup off the injectors and valves.

Quick Reply: Flashing?