Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Mmmm, ordered my Aero 4040XL last night.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 02:30 AM
aceracer24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mmmm, ordered my Aero 4040XL last night.....

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Mayfair
I think your worrying too much. Like God Ram It said, if you're worried a ton about drone, mount it back at the axle where the stock muffler was and you'll be fine.
It's probably notso much the drone of the exhaust that drives me nuts.........it's the drone of the wife as she complains about the truck being loud.
In all honesty, it's not as loud as I had hoped it to be. If I am right, the 4040XL is with the resonator so it's even quieter then the 4040 that I have. The only times I really hear it from in the cab is if I gun the throttle when parked, or on the interstate doing about 55-60 when the TC locks up(I stated overdrive earlier but I actually think it's the TC locking up). other then those two times, it's rather quiet. At least it's not as loud as what my magnaflow cat-back was on my 2000 dodge.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:31 PM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mmmm, ordered my Aero 4040XL last night.....

Well, I'm just waiting for the stuff to get here, so I decided to make a trip down to the local Heavy Truck shop here in town. Talked to the manager for a few and asked him if he had any of the big truck mufflers around that were 4". He had a few brand new 36" strait through 7" dia ones that he had at the shop he couldn't use on any of the stuff he was working on, so he gave me one. Cool!

I'm gonnaput the Aero on, as soon as it gets here and if it has a little too much drone or noise, I figure I'll cut the cat out, put the big boy in there and put the Aero after it to help pull more through that monster. That'll still give me a strait shot, but should be real quiet.

This should be fun.

Quick Reply: Mmmm, ordered my Aero 4040XL last night.....