Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

B-20 Good, Bad, Ugly???

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:40 PM
zerodog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B-20 Good, Bad, Ugly???

This is my first post. Hello everyone! This is a great forum for info on my new truck. I just bought an 05' quad cab with 16,000 miles on it. So far I am really liking the truck. The gas mileage isn't the best at 16.1 so far all around and 18 on a trip on the highway last weekend. I am guessing I need a new fuel filter and to change the oil in the diffs, tranny, and transfer case.

I am a lucky guy and have a station that sells B-20 down the street from my house. Without thinking I just bought it and filled up 28 gallons with it. It seemed to work fine. My second tank I ran regular stuff. It said ultra low sulfer on the pump. The engine is louder with the regular diesel but other than that it is about the same.

Does B-20 void any factory warranty?
Does B-20 provide better or worse mileage?
Is there any benefit to running PS products to the B-20?

Old 02-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: B-20 Good, Bad, Ugly???

B20 will not void the warranty, the only thing you may notice is extra sludge on the fuel filter from the bio dissolving the gunk that has built up in the tank and the fuel lines.

mileage will be slightly lower with B20, however you can look at it as you are paying the farmer that grew the crop and not the oil company. now you can use some of the Power Service to increase the cetane of the bio, but I dont think it is realy necessary since the main purpose of the power service is to lubricate the pump and injectors, B-20 does a better job of this.

enjoy your truck

Quick Reply: B-20 Good, Bad, Ugly???