Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

what the heck!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:15 AM
ga_noplugs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what the heck!

ORIGINAL: Drew

hey Robert. . .did you happen to catch some of that funky haze that came over the area??? when I left work I thought I-20 was on fire or something. smelled like someone was burning tires.
Drew, I did, in some spots it collected and was absolutely reteched. I saw it at work and thought thats what it was but was surprised when it covered everything for my 15 miles home.

Well, I just found this online in the AJC. They should do it on the cold miserable days, not the nice ones.

Parts of metro Atlanta were exposed to unhealthy levels of soot for several hours Wednesday from a controlled forest fire about 50 miles southeast of the city.
The U.S. Forest Service and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service conducted the daylong burn on about 3,000 acres in the Oconee National Forest and the Piedmont National Wildlife Refuge near the town of Monticello in Jasper County. People started reporting thick smoke wafting through McDonough, Decatur and Atlanta around 4 p.m. The state air monitor in downtown Atlanta was still picking up heavy concentrations of soot at 9 p.m.
By the afternoon, people in McDonough, Decatur, Atlanta, Lilburn and south Cobb County started calling friends, police and fire departments, city halls and state offices to find where the blackish haze and smell was coming from....

Old 03-01-2007, 02:06 PM
duneschick
Professional

Why does it always snow on work days!!!? I wanna go sledding! Few inches here in Salt Lakelast night.... stay tuned, supposed to get 3"-7" where I'm at today! My office walks were sheer ice. Good thing I plugged my baby in last night.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the same thing happens here. . .on the days I can do yard work that NEEDS to be done Ive gotta be at work. . .then on the weekend when I'm not at work. . .it's raining and crappy weather. . .or I have NG Drill[:@]

Old 03-01-2007, 03:32 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Well we are in our second Blizzard condistions until Friday at 6:00 PM and they say we will get between 8-13 inches of snow by tomorrow AM and then more snow Friday and Saturday.

My self I never have trusted phil the ground hog nor any other ground hog as they sure can't tell what day it is let alone the weather [&:]

Don't you know that the reason we have so much of this is due to Global Warming [:'(] and in a few years UT and CO will not have any snow to ski+ on as it will be to warm to snow or so thye keep claiming anyway.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with the way things are going, you can say global warming caused the Ford 6.oh-no problem

Old 03-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Mayfair
Legend

It's warming up here, but unfortunately it's also going to rain. They're already talkimg high 50's to low 60's for the end of next week.

WHOO HOO !!!

Old 03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

Man I am sooo itching to get my boat in the water....Come On Summer!

Old 03-03-2007, 01:41 PM
jakebrake
Champion

Warmed up, now its 37F and raining. Guess I'll go into the mountains and ride my quad.

Quick Reply: what the heck!