Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Delphi additive????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Addicted
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delphi additive????

Has anybody used this or know about it???? One of the local shops recommended it me. I never ran any additives until the the ultra low sulfer crap came out, and this is what they said to use to help lubricate everything. I was also wondering after reading about running 2 stroke on this forum what opinions you may have about mixing the two?

Old 03-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker
Default RE: Delphi additive????

for lube use a strait wieght non detergent motor oil, its cheap.
Two quarts in a 35 gal tank and you will have all the lube you need, plus it burns right allong with the dieasle.
You can run upto a 10% mix.
That is how I got rid of my used oil on my Detroit powered boat for years.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:15 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Default RE: Delphi additive????

My self I would not use more then 1 qt per 34 gal of fule being if you add to much you can lose HP and mpg. Also you can use 2 cycle oil, 1 oz per gallon of diesel to help lube the fuel system. Right now I use 16oz of 2 cycle oil and 16 oz of PS per 34 gallons of fuel. BTW, In my truck I used a qt of oil to a tank of fuel and lost mpg, but I'm still not sure if it was because of cold weather, winter fule, both or becasue I didn't use PS along with the oil. A guy on another forum put in 3 qts to a full tank thinking more was better and IIRC he would up losing 90 HP on the Dyno so more is not always better.

Quick Reply: Delphi additive????