Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

it die's

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:15 PM
A JETTECH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it die's

[&:] I have a '93 d350 with a rather perplexing problem. 2 Wks ago I was picking up the kiddies from school and when got on freeway the truck lost power @ 50mph. I pulled of the rd and it limped for 2 miles @ 30 mph before dying at stop light. I had over 1/4 tankof fuel left. I towed it home and added 10 gal's fuel and while filling with a gas can I noticed that the tank filler seemed to have trapped air and hindered the filling a times. I bled out the 2 middle injectors and then got it to run (idled for over 20 min's) and the drove it for 3 miles before it died again. waited 30 min's and bled same injectors,it started again. Parked it in driveway after idling for last block home. Could there be a venting problem with the fuel tank? Or is my pump going out? A little info to ad. When looking to see if the filter was blocked,I found that the dude I got the truck from had by-passed the filter for some reason and the tank to pump is direct plumbed. What a dolt.[:@]

Old 03-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: it die's

it could be either the tank venting problem you thinking. . .however it sounds more like you are sucking in air somewhere and having those two injectors become air locked.

have you noticed the strong smell of diesel from under the hood lately??? I'm wondering if the seals in the connectors are going out due to the ultra low sulfur diesel.