Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

lift question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 02:19 AM
KillerCummins
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift question

I've had apulsating, grinding noise when I get to 55mph in truck. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Is sounds like its coming from the front end.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:23 AM
KillerCummins
Professional
Default RE: lift question

Its been going on since i lifted the puppy. Sorry , I'm new , hey everyone.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Charles Darwin
Rookie

Perhaps you have altered the angle of the driveshaft too much and the universal joint is giving an uproar.
Just a thought...

Old 03-09-2007, 01:15 AM
KillerCummins
Professional

thanks buddy , I appreciate it very much. I picked her up from the allignment shop this afternoon (left it last night) , and it seemed to be running fine , but when I finally got it on the highway , it started talking to me again. So, I pulled into an Autozone and took the front shaft off. Sure enough , she's riding like a caddy and singing like an angel again. I'm heading back to the shop Saturday to firmly request a free re-allignment and an apology. I'm waiting until I have all my drive line issues fixed before I install my tripledog/outlook combo. I also have to fix my exhaust. The Down-pipe is loose at its connection with the rest of the exhaust. WTF? I hate how when one thing breaks, everything else starts breaking. The anticipation is killing me, I want tosmoke some tires and rape someFords.Thanksagain for the advise Charley!

Old 03-09-2007, 01:27 AM
usafr
All Star

The Bully Dog is a beast, ur gonna love it.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:39 AM
KillerCummins
Professional

Hahahaha, that is cruel of you to say that, but I would do the same if it were the other way around. Do you have the outlook also? I have the K&N intake , I just forgot to post it, still stock exhaust (with a loose fitting). How much power to you personallyadd wit the tripdog? Little bit at a time? or ***** to the wall?

Old 03-09-2007, 05:11 AM
Vegashd

ORIGINAL: KillerCummins

thanks buddy , I appreciate it very much. I picked her up from the allignment shop this afternoon (left it last night) , and it seemed to be running fine , but when I finally got it on the highway , it started talking to me again. So, I pulled into an Autozone and took the front shaft off. Sure enough , she's riding like a caddy and singing like an angel again. I'm heading back to the shop Saturday to firmly request a free re-allignment and an apology. I'm waiting until I have all my drive line issues fixed before I install my tripledog/outlook combo. I also have to fix my exhaust. The Down-pipe is loose at its connection with the rest of the exhaust. WTF? I hate how when one thing breaks, everything else starts breaking. The anticipation is killing me, I want tosmoke some tires and rape someFords.Thanksagain for the advise Charley!
What in the world has to do with an aligment shop and your front driveshaft? Maybe it needs replaced or balanced at a DRIVELINE shop with the new extreme angle?

If you came in deamnding an appology when you may be wrong. we would laugh you back to your car... HAVE FUN!!!!

Quick Reply: lift question