Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

40" Tires??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 01:34 AM
KillerCummins
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40" Tires??

I just installed a 6" lift and am working out all the kinks. While my Bilsteins were on back order, I saved up enough money, and ordered a Bullydog tripledog/outlook combo(still in box though). The 6" kit recommends 37" tires, but I was thinking about getting the 3" body lift and trying to squeeze 40"s. I'm not so sure about gear ratio and fuel economy though. It's not documented anywhere that I can find thattells memy gear ratio, however, if I had to guess, I would guess 373. Does anyone have any comments or advise they could give? I am very facinated by the intelligence of some of the site members, you all know your stuff. Allinput is very much appreciated. Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/57841/FBDF92B235E04D02AB1FC658DFEE6BA0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Default RE: 40" Tires??

This comes down to an opinion thing more than anything. Large body lifts do look kinda weird since the body sits up so high. Plus someimes body lifts get old and they creak and make noise from the spacers and all your shift linkage or any linkage will need to be adjusted. Personal opinion stick with 37's and no bl

Old 03-09-2007, 02:07 AM
KillerCummins
Professional

That seems to make sense, but I guess its just hard to see all these little Ford punks riding on 40's and not even having a clue how to change a fuel filter. It bothers me almost enough to go through with it anyways.Somebody's got torepresent the Big Bad Dodges, and make the Strokers sit down.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:12 AM
KillerCummins
Professional

Thanks for the input though, Ben. I appreciate it. I thinkI'll justend up just scratching the body lift idea and trying to squeeze 38'safter all

Old 03-09-2007, 08:07 AM
cumminalong

Don't put a body lift on a diesel. Actaully most of the companies recommend aganst it. The problem is all the bracketry up front for the all the coolers. The body lifts interfere badly with the air flow to all of them.

But, it's nothing that a little trimming and some Bushwacker cut-out flares won't take care of. Then you'll fit 40's and still have a working truck.

Quick Reply: 40" Tires??