Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:37 AM
jasonreda
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injectors

Well I need to change out my vp44 and lift pump but i was thinking about changing out my injectors at the same time. I found some bosch replacements for about 60.00 bucks and 300 hp injectors for 300.00 bucks So I was thinking of getting the 300 hp ones but i was wondering how much that would affect my gas (sorry fuel) mileage. My truck is not a dailly drive it gets driven maybe twice a month in the winter but once racing season starts i pull a enclosed car hauler weekly so is the mileage even somthing to worry about.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:59 AM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: injectors

Your mileage will definitely suffer, but more so, your EGT's will skyrocket if you don't upgrade the turbo with those injectors. Diesel fuel without boost = heat. You gotta figure that for each pound of boost, you can cool your EGT's by about 10*.

I know on the stock settings, I push up around 1100* loaded and pushing it. If I push it to level 3/5, I can bounce it off my EGT limiter pretty easy and that is only pushing an extra 70hp / 150tq.

Besides, you'll be pulling more fuel than that VP44 can push and defintely more than your tranny can handle.

Quick Reply: injectors