Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

chrome/polished aluminum

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 03:22 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: chrome/polished aluminum

Are any of you having a hard time getting the break dust off the factory rims? I sure am. I do use wheel cleaner/degrease then come back with high psi water and then soap and a brush. It's a pain. Its just on the front and not the back.

Old 03-17-2007, 02:20 PM
crazykidjj87
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i guess chrome or polished wheels are going to be a PITA and both need the same amounts of care. its more just personal preference on the looks of the metal type.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:12 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably we're all making it sound much worse than it is in the real world crazykid. Chrome or clear coated aluminum either one will be just fine and you dont really have to clean them like a some whacko every time they get dirt on em. Just some mild soap every once in a while when you wash the truck will keep them looking just fine. Get whichever you think looks the best. Avoid the aluminum wheels that aren't clear coated since you obviously dont want to do more than hose them off every now an then.

Quick Reply: chrome/polished aluminum