Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Ford/Navistar

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 01:49 AM
SpLaT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford/Navistar

Buddie of mine is a area rep for Ford (poor guy!) tells me Navistar has laid off engine builders and foundry workers who were building engines for Ford!! Ford production plants should be running out of diesel engines in short time! I was also told that Navistar warned Ford that the 6.0 was not really designed for use in LT vehicles, it has something to do withthe "extras"Ford had added to the 6.0 which has things in an uproar! Couldgetinterseting, maybe we'll see 6.7 cummins in the F250, F350s and not just an option in the F650s?

Old 03-16-2007, 02:17 AM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: Ford/Navistar

I though I saw an f650 with a c7 in it. The problem with the 6.0 is that ford rerated it higher than the engine could handle. Granted they still have lots of problems in medium duty.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:48 AM
SpLaT
Captain

Supposedly they have three engine options the 6.0 oh-no and the (earlier option) 5.9 cummins (a few more horses then the C7)and the cat C7(lots of torque 860lbs) all hooked up to a Allison 3000 6sp auto. One huge pick-up truck but like the hummer about as practical as a G-string in a snow storm!...

Old 03-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

things arent looking too good in the land of the blue oval right now when it comes to Diesels.

it could be worse. . .Ford could have used a Perkins, then there would be real competition.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Watermelon
Captain

You can tell its BAD on the Fords around the Greenvlle SC area. The car lots are full of 6.0hs. you cant find a used Dodge diesel anywhere, and If you do it has 200k or better on it. But what kills me , those ford guys will stick to ford brand even when their truck isin the shop 6 months out of the year. I watched a tech do an injector job on a 6.0 the other day, talk about cramped up with a bunch of S%$# There were more parts on the ground than were under the hood.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:15 PM
cumminalong

"F" a Ford.

It ain't just the diesels. My V10 was burning through a quart and a half of oil every 1500 miles w/ 23000 miles on the clock.

Ford will find any excuse they can to deny a warranty claim if there is ANY mod to the vehicle at all. My engine and tranny we BONE STOCK, truck was lifted 6", w/ 36's and 4.56 gears and ARB's front and rear and they tried to play this crap that those mod's MUST be making it burn through oil. BS!

That was my 3rd (AND LAST) F'n Ford.

Reap what you sow! [:@]

Old 03-16-2007, 10:41 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

And yet ford is still going full tilt braggin about the next gen twin turbo diesel motor. Can't hardly open up a magazine andnot see a ford ad about their new diesel. Maybe they should take some of that advertising money and sink it back into R and D.I have a friend that was waiting to trade his 6.0 F250 on one of the newer twin turbo fords, but is now looking at the 6.7 in a Dodge.