Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

brake lines??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:23 AM
06bighornspoolin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake lines??

i am planning a 6 inch lift for my diesel.. ans i was wondering if the brake lines need to be extended?
I plan to do some off roading from time to time so is it a good idea to get extended brake lines?

Old 03-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Little Foot
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: brake lines??

Everyone scopes out my rig after the lift you'll dig the attention. However, extending your brake lines is an option but not necessary. After completing my lift I had the same concerns so we rigged a test to see if the articulation without the sway bar intact if the brake lines would be the weak link and to short. I didn't see any reason for me to extend mine.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:40 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 06bighornspoolin

i am planning a 6 inch lift for my diesel.. ans i was wondering if the brake lines need to be extended?
I plan to do some off roading from time to time so is it a good idea to get extended brake lines?

If you are lifting your truck 6 inches, you will have to lengthen all3 flex lines. The two fronts, and the rear drop down flex line to the axle. If you install SS lines, just replace all 5 lines. I have never seen a truck in my life with six inches of lift on standard brake flex lines. You may get away with the lift, although I highly doubt it, but if that suspension ever travels it's full excursion, you will tear all three lines right off the truck.

Good luck with your ride.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would personaly play it safe and extend them. . .the added bling in the wheel well is always cool

Quick Reply: brake lines??