Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Rokk timing sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 12:55 PM
handymanherb
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rokk timing sensor

Finely got my Rokk adjustable timing sensor in, my hands are just to big to fit them small areas, but I had it done in 15 minutes.

You can feel the extra few ponys, and I noticed I was running at 190 degrees instead of the 200 I use to run.

The lieometer went from 20.4 running empty to 21.7 doing 70 on the way home and when I hit a 65 mph area it went to 22mpg, made me feel good, even if the mter is lieing, should mean I getting a mile per gallon more in real life so it should pay for it self quick.

Kills my brother who getting 16 on the lieometer with the Hemi

Old 03-20-2007, 02:16 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Default RE: Rokk timing sensor

That is good news for me to hear as I had read that Cummins had to retard the timeing on our engines to make the EPA happy. How much did you advance it and what was the cost of it? Also keep us informed how your milesage does.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the retarded timeing for the EPA is a NOx issue. just giving two degrees does increase NOx emissions, but you also increase fuel mileage since the engine is burning the fuel more completely.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:31 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

My self I could care less about NOx out put on my truck as we don't have smog test here and never did understand why we had lower NOx like gas engine do, Oh I forgot tree huggers Anyway I do want a better running engine and to get full burn of my fuel for better mileage[sm=gears.gif]

Old 03-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Drew
Professional

I'm the same way. . ."What's NOx???"

anyway, do you realize it costs more to producee and own a honda prius than it does to produce and own our huge fuel guzzlers.

http://clubs.ccsu.edu/recorder/edito...asp?NewsID=188

Old 03-20-2007, 11:47 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Drew

I'm the same way. . ."What's NOx???"

anyway, do you realize it costs more to producee and own a honda prius than it does to produce and own our huge fuel guzzlers.

http://clubs.ccsu.edu/recorder/edito...asp?NewsID=188

you have no idea how much i cant wait to show that article to my environmental science teacher. wow. thats gonna be a blast.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:51 PM
handymanherb
Banned

The Rokk cost me 70 buckswith lifetime warranty, butwhat they did isthe o ring is removed and you grind down the o-ring grove on the side toward the engine and it gives you 2 degrees of advance.

I was going get the calibers out and get a measurement so I could do the same to the stock one ,but I did it over in my brother's shop waiting for him to get back and did have a caliber with me .

Old 03-21-2007, 02:26 AM
gtxpooch
All Star

I put mine in about 4K ago, and now that the weather's warmed a little(50's/60's) the lieometer is showing 19/20 fairly regularly. It's about time to go back to the "summer brew".

Old 03-21-2007, 10:20 AM
handymanherb
Banned

Oh I forgot tried to get my brother to drive my CTD yesterday, but I don't think he wants to drive it and compare it to the Hemi, but the lieometer was on 22.2 after doing 70 on the highway on the way to his house and he did see that when we headed to the local home improvement store.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Drew

the retarded timeing for the EPA is a NOx issue. just giving two degrees does increase NOx emissions, but you also increase fuel mileage since the engine is burning the fuel more completely.
Hehehe! So does removing the cat.

Quick Reply: Rokk timing sensor