Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

BLOWN 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:57 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BLOWN 6.0

That's why I am here now instead of on the diesel stop. I had an '04 6.0NO. THe last straw was the turbo ****ting the bed at 67000 miles, and that TorqueSHift is no dream either!

Now I am happily motoring along in my Dodge...

Old 03-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Watermelon
Captain

I just spent a few minutes on thedieselgarage and I got to tell ya, If you stay on the 6.0 threads very long you will be ready to climb a tall building and............ Its kind of depressing reading all the problems those guys are having. The only ones that are not having major trouble are still under 20k.The poor bast%$#@ are just waiting for the day the 6.0 goes BANG!!! If any of you dont like your CTD just go there for a few minutes.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:29 AM
usafr
All Star

I'll stick with my CTD, my problems have been self inflicted. The only thing that I can see that has really been wrong with the truck, is that the driver seat sometimes has a sqeak to it. My friend who just bought a 1/2 ton ford drove my truck and now wants to trade his in for one like mine.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:46 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: Watermelon

The really sad part of it is , my buddy now has a truck that is halfway paid for , out of warranty blown who nows what under the hood. He cant sell it or trade it like it is. And like myself that truck is how he makes his living,
WOW dude that really sucks ....

My prayers go out to him. Ford or not, I hate to hear about a good working man getting screwed. Best of luck to him !!

Old 03-21-2007, 12:16 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

ORIGINAL: Watermelon

The really sad part of it is , my buddy now has a truck that is halfway paid for , out of warranty blown who nows what under the hood. He cant sell it or trade it like it is. And like myself that truck is how he makes his living,
WOW dude that really sucks ....

My prayers go out to him. Ford or not, I hate to hear about a good working man getting screwed. Best of luck to him !!
That is EXACTLY why I didn't go for another Ford when I got rid of my SD. Ford likes to do it's R&D on it's customers and is the ONLY one of the "Big 3" that doesn't provide a loaner car when yours is in the shop. Wonder why??? They'd be even more broke.

Ford seems to have no concept that when a working man's truck is out of service....so is the working man. Down time = lost money and that means folks look to more reliable products and better customer service. [:@]

I have never held ANY loyalty to a vehicle manufacturer and never will; why should I, I pay them for a product, not the other way around. The one that provides the best product and, more importantly to me, the best service, gets my business. If this were to mean that Toyota came out with a solid, reliable, 3/4ton + diesel, I would consider it. Ford has lost me, and many others, as a customer for life.

I guess that's why they are the blue oval.......because it resembles a flat tire.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:43 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

i dont get it man even though the fords arent that good of diesels they still sell more then duramax and cummins combined..... and obviously cummins is the best.... but yea good luck to your buddy

Old 03-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

i dont get it man even though the fords arent that good of diesels they still sell more then duramax and cummins combined..... and obviously cummins is the best.... but yea good luck to your buddy
#1, blind brand loyalty. "it's a Ford so it has to be the best!"
#2, Ford rates the GVWR and the GCVWR higher than the others, this is something that is not done by the DOT, but by the individual company. when it comes to being legal, sometimes you need that extra rateing to stay legal with the man, even though you fear your engine may blow at any moment.
#3, the Power Stroke is made by I-H, but ford doesnt want you to know that, the Duramax is made by Isuzu, but GM doesnt want you to know that, we all know who makes our engine, and Dodge flaunts this openly, we aint got nothing to hide

Old 03-21-2007, 06:31 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

yea very well said

Old 03-21-2007, 07:28 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

I know some say Ford circled the problem, but being its name is circled by an oval I think they tried to circle the problems but it got out of hand hence they wound up with the Big Blue Oval[:'(]

Old 03-21-2007, 09:02 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Drew
#1, blind brand loyalty. "it's a Ford so it has to be the best!"
It's funny to see someone that has gotten burned, turn right around and do it again.

#2, Ford rates the GVWR and the GCVWR higher than the others, this is something that is not done by the DOT, but by the individual company. when it comes to being legal, sometimes you need that extra rateing to stay legal with the man, even though you fear your engine may blow at any moment.
This is the THE most overrated and UNDER regulated issue when it comes to trucks. It's is ENTIRELY up to the manufacturer on what the truck gets rated at. Ford rates their's the highest, which I can see, as the damn things will bruise your kidneys on anything but the smoothest roads.

#3, the Power Stroke is made by I-H, but ford doesnt want you to know that, the Duramax is made by Isuzu, but GM doesnt want you to know that, we all know who makes our engine, and Dodge flaunts this openly, we aint got nothing to hide
The only good PSD was the 7.3. The D-Max is a great daily driver / race car motor, but it can't handle being loaded down all day.

Quick Reply: BLOWN 6.0