Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Six Gun w/PDA to Juice w/ A.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:25 PM
firemansdodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Six Gun w/PDA to Juice w/ A.

So I have Six Gun w/ PDA on my truck. I had it for almost a month. I started having problems w/ the PDA part with it not connecting all the time on the display.So I took it back to theauthorize Banks dealer where I had it installed.Changed all the wiring and dock station and still did not fix the problem. So I decided for a refund. After reading alot on these forums after I bought it. Banks raising fuel pressure (not good for power I guess). I decided to get a refund. The power was ok, but at the lower end it was not there. I did like the features especially the cold engine protection, but I feel w/ the raising of therail pressure it will be do short term damage.
So my question is. The Juice w/ Attitude is a goodproduct? I have read in forums of it throwing codes and has no cold engine protection. It also throws alot of smoke. Any feed back if someone hasor had one would be appreciated.I go get my BD Perf. tranny upgrade ( next week) at a deisel performance shop in Sacramento and he carries the Juice w/ Attitude ( he is also a Banks Authorize Dealer too).

Old 03-21-2007, 11:37 PM
cumminalong
Default RE: Six Gun w/PDA to Juice w/ A.

1 - Get the Juice w/ Attitude. I'm loving mine so far.

2 - It does have cold engine protection. It doesn't add fuel until the engine is up to 140* and doesn't add full fueling until 170*. It also has tranny and boost protection.

3 - It doesn't produce a "huge" amiunt of smoke. On 3 or below, you only get an occassional burp under low boost, high loadconditions. On 4 and higher, you can make decent smoke, but you have to legimitely try to do it or seriously be getting into it. The smoke output is controllable on the monitor too, you can adjust it manually.

4 - If all is hooked up right, you shouldn;t be getting any codes. Not sure for the '05, but on mine I can retrieve and erase codes.

Banks has good hardware, but the electronics apparently leave a little to be desired.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:00 AM
firemansdodge
Professional

I have nothing but good things to say about Banks. I have everything else on my truck that is Banks and works great (CAI, Intercooler and 4" Exhaust). I guess I got a PDA lemon and the high rail pressure kind of scares me for possible short term injector problems. Can I run all levels safely on J/w Awith my tranny upgrades (t/c,v/b & d/p) and my other mods just stated?I saw they have a hot setting (180hp), but I would never use it for the fact I am not racing or sledding my truck. I just want good reliable and extra hp ( 100hp or less). I also saw on the forums that the boost levelsrun high. Thats probably the only thing I noticed bad about the J/wA. I really don't want to spend money for a turbo for awhile. I need to cool it w/ the mods for now.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:32 AM
cumminalong

Banks does make good hardware......pricey for what you are getting, but good harware none the less.

With the mod's you have and the tranny upgrade, your truck will handle the juice pretty easily.

As for the boost level...you can set limits on the Attitude monitor. Right now mine is set to alarm at 38 psi and de-fuel at 40 psi.

Overall, it's a nice setup. And you don't have to worry about the electro-dock-gizmo-interference crap like the you ar ehaving on the Banks.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:13 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

Thanks for the responses.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:50 PM
steelhauler

I have the smarty programer and like it . it does smoke a littel more than I like . My next upgrades are going to be the banks intercooler and exhaust so I was glad to read your post. on the smarty, anything above # 6 will slip the clutch.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Methos
Veteran

Regarding the Juice w/ Attitude, if I recall what I read it can recalibrate for larger tires. Does it actually recalibrate the speedo or is it just the Attitude display that gets adjusted?

Old 03-22-2007, 06:10 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

The Smarty I don't know to much about other than on these forums. It's too new for me to use. I also don't need that much hp since I don't race or sled. I read alot about problems hooking into you trucks computer systen on your truck.
As far as the Banks stuff. I give thumbs up on the working/mechanical parts. Their new CAI Kit is awesome. I can hear the air flow gush in and the turbo whistle without my silence ring in.

BTW- People complain about Banks box costing more. I just ordered the J/wA and pillar mount. It cost $1,200 compared to my Banks Six Gun w/ PDA $1,300. That also includes installation on both ( I rather have a authorize dealer install in case of problems down the road). Not much difference.

The speedo calibration on larger truck tiresI beleive it's like the Banks PDA. It calibrates to the monitor and does not correct your odometer itself. There will be a display option on your monitor w/ the mph display correctly.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:33 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: firemansdodge

BTW- People complain about Banks box costing more. I just ordered the J/wA and pillar mount. It cost $1,200 compared to my Banks Six Gun w/ PDA $1,300. That also includes installation on both ( I rather have a authorize dealer install in case of problems down the road). Not much difference.

The speedo calibration on larger truck tiresI beleive it's like the Banks PDA. It calibrates to the monitor and does not correct your odometer itself. There will be a display option on your monitor w/ the mph display correctly.
Brother, my Juice w/ Attitude ran $674, plus $59 for the pillar mount. It took me all of 2 hours to do the install, and that was going back and tightening up all the wiring and prettying everything up. They better have plated that think in gold for $1200.

As for the speedo....all it does is show the adjusted speed on the Attitude monitor, it doesn't recal the speedo. You need and actual programmer or something like a Superlift calibrator to do that.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Methos
Veteran

That's what I thought about the speedo. Thanks for confirming guys.

Quick Reply: Six Gun w/PDA to Juice w/ A.