Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

BRK IN ? Drews Brew ? Speed ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:06 AM
UpBranchLiner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BRK IN ? Drews Brew ? Speed ?

(laughs) Only 600 for now. The heavy load will be the wifes horses and trailer. You guys will get a laugh out of this. We went out to the dealer today and test drove it. My wife goes I think something is wrong, there is a high pitched whine!! I laughed. I told her that was the best part about it. She still dont like it, says it annoeying and turns the radio up. I cant wait to pull the ring and take the muffler off.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:17 AM
UpBranchLiner

So does a guy need to run power service or anything right away? Its pretty warm here(IOWA)

Old 03-27-2007, 02:08 AM
lesimon
Professional

I have been running PS since I bought the truck except for the trip home after purchasing it. I notice a big difference in engine noise and power. The cost of the PS is gained back with better fuel economy and hopefully less maintenance to the fuel system.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:55 AM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought mine, I drove to Walmart, like 500 yards, and put the"brew" in haven't looked back! I have 10K on it now and now problems yet. I have substituted 2stroke oil(cheaper)for MMO and hand calc. around 18 overall.It does quiet them down.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:46 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: UpBranchLiner

So does a guy need to run power service or anything right away? Its pretty warm here(IOWA)
What part of IA are you in? Being that it has gotten warmer here in IA ( I had to pull my winter front last Friday) you could use the summer PS in the gray/silver bottle with out any problems and at this time I don't think you should use more then 8 oz of 2 cycle oil per tank for a 2006 or newer truck. The first additive I used was Lucas and it only had 380 miles on it and wanted to make sure the injectors has some extra lube for them and clean out any thing that may have been in the cylinders. But it had sat on the lot a long time as It was made in August and I bought it in middle of April with 50 miles. I also changed the oil out at 1150 miles as it was way to old to run any longer IMHO.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
UpBranchLiner

Im from Eagle Grove. I just bought some power service in the white bottle and some marval oil. How much of those should I use? I filled up and they has Ruby Diesel, 2 diesel, and Arctic, I used Ruby ,someone told me it was a little cleaner fuel. What do you guys recommend?

Old 03-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: UpBranchLiner

I just bought some power service in the white bottle and some marval oil. How much of those should I use?
16oz's Power Service
+
8oz's Marvel Mystery

Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

You don't NEED to run any additive. I ran mine a while with just fuel in the tank, and I didn't notice any better mileage with or with out additive. I run Lucas evey once in a while, but not all the time. It's your choice, I wouldn'tattribute any mileage changes up or down to anythinguntil you have at least 10K miles on her.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 PM
UpBranchLiner

16 and 8 for 35 gallons then?

Old 03-27-2007, 09:23 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

I've been using Arctic Diesel for several weeks and today I recorded my best MPG ever 22.05. To bad we can't get any more until Fall[:@]. We don't have Ruby red up my way so can't say anything about it but the Arctic diesel we have claims to be 45 centane and I now believe it.

So we are now back to Gold diesel until fall but they jumped the price from $2.59 13 cents in 36 hr's to $2.72 so I went and bought diesel today at Murphy USA for $2.59. I'll see if my mpg goes down on this fill up with the cheaper fuel or stays the same being the pump still has a LSD sticker on it.

Quick Reply: BRK IN ? Drews Brew ? Speed ?