Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Off Topic Drag racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007 | 03:27 PM
MrSlug
|
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Topic Drag racing

I have been thinking about getting a used car to build up into a Drag Racer. I live fairly close to a couple of Drag Strips and would like to get a pro-street class drag car built up. I think it would be a good project for my Step Daughter and Son to help me with.

Anyway, I am looking for advice as to what kind of used car makes a fairly good platform for a drag car. Not looking to swap the motor out (at first) but looking to do some bolt on mods like: intake/exhaust; intake and exhaust manifolds; racing slicks; Chip upgrade; Nitrous and then beef up the rear end and trans.

I would like to stay domestic, a la V-8, but imports would not be out of the question.

Thanks!

Old 03-26-2007 | 05:02 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: Off Topic Drag racing

I know I'm probably gonna get bashed for this, but in all honesty the Mustang is a great car for drag racing. They're light, plentyfull, the suspension is awesome, and because they make such great cars for drag racing parts are not only plentyfull but also inexpensive.They are pretty quick stock, but with the addition of a couple of things here and there you'll be in the low 14's fairly easily.

Old 03-26-2007 | 05:50 PM
Do_What

i liked my camaro again parts are plentiful and there a a lot of things you can do. if you were looking to stay domestic i would say camaro or mustang

Old 03-26-2007 | 07:58 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Mayfair and Do_What are right. Mustang or camaro are the way to go. The thing about either one is you can go as far as you want on the mods. keep it cheap the first few races and if you like it, dig a little deeper and mod the s^%$# out of it. My buddy used a maverick for years and now he"s got the baddest stang on the strip. I'L dig up some pics of him bustin the wheey bars

Old 03-26-2007 | 08:00 PM
Ben D.
Champion

Just on the topic of drag racing anyone seen that new show comin out about John Force and his daughters. O MY GOOD GOD ARE HIS DAUGHTERS HOT.

Old 03-26-2007 | 08:09 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Yea!!! I took a shot in the gut from the wifey for howling at em [:@]

Old 03-26-2007 | 08:57 PM
Ben D.
Champion

luckily i'm only 18 so mebbe i'm gnna have to start goin to drag races a lot more often. See if i can get a few digits. We got yelled at at school today for pullin up pics of ashley force off google.

Old 03-26-2007 | 09:34 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Man , if theyed had comps when I was in school ida never passed. All we had was freggin PACMAN and a walkman.

Old 03-27-2007 | 12:12 AM
beachmstr

My buddy had a pontiac firebired formula edition and it would smoke anything. It came with a lt-1 motor in it and damn was it fast

Old 03-27-2007 | 12:24 AM
mopar98
All Star

F-body car's like the camaro or firebird are great.There a dime a dozen. That's what I'm using at the strip right now.
Mustangs are good also , butif u can find oneI like the oldNova's and Malibu's because u can fit big tire 's under them w/ just air shocks
and usually they have chevy small block's which our great for building. Also they are pretty dang lite.

Quick Reply: Off Topic Drag racing