Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Aero Users

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 03:11 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aero Users

Just remember if mama isn't happy nobody is going to be happy
have fun making that happen

Old 03-29-2007, 03:31 PM
triplggg

I got mine at HDiesel for $147.I also have it in place of the muffler like Mayfair.No drone,I like it.Also have the cat.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:11 PM
RedRacer44
Rookie

I had an Aero 4040 and ran it for a few months. Really liked the sound and performance gains but the drone got quite annoying after a while. If you still have the CAT on, then it might not be too bad. I didnt have my CAT on so it was too much for me. Especially towing...the drone was almost un-bearable after only a short time...

I went with a Donaldson 51" straight-thru muffler, cost me only $70 from a big rig shop and another $30 to have it installed. There is NO drone at all. Its just a bit louder than stock....has a deep aggressive tone especially when you mash the go-pedal. You can also hear the turbo whistle a lot more through the exhaust...

Going from the Aero to the Donaldson....only loss in performance was that the turbo spools up just a tad bit slower when you go WOT at cruising speeds (65-75). Still pulls very hard from a dead stop all the way through the RPM range...

Quick Reply: Aero Users