Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Aero Users

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 04:18 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aero Users

Around 3-4 months back ,I removed my stock muffler and placed a straight pipe in its place. Boy did I like the sound out by the exhaust pipe, but not in the cab. My wife also does not like the RUMMMMMMMMM in the cab, specially when pulling. Between it and the turbo she said it sounds like a 18 wheeler. So instead of putting the stock er back on I am looking at a Aero. I know allot of you run it, and I would like some input as far as cab noise. I was thinking of the 4040xl may be quite in the cab. What do you think. 4040 or 4040XL. And the turbo is staying like it is. You have to put your foot down on somethings

And is the Aero site about the cheapiest?

Old 03-28-2007, 08:01 AM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aero Users

Well, I have the 4040XL on mine and had it setup in the configuration that you are talking about. It was still loud as all hell in the cab. Do you still have the cat on yours? If the cat is there, it'll be resonable, but without a cat, it's still very loud.

I ended up going with Steve's recommendation and putting my second muffler in the place of the stock muffler and the Aero is where the cat used to be. This gives me a nice tone, very little drone (except under 1500 RPM's going uphill with the engine bogging to the point that t downshifts.

My recommendation is to put a flow though muffler inline after the Aero.................if you wanna keep the wife happy.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:36 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

Yes the CAT is still on the truck and will stay. Well I may as well just put the muffler back on it looks like. I did not see any performance gain and lost some MPG. I do not remember any Groan being in the cab with the stock er on. But I was not pulling then either.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I honestly think that the reason people are geting the drone noise is because they are mounting the Aero up by the turbo ( under the cab ). I mounted my resonated Aero back where the stock muffler was ( where Aero reccomends ) and I have no drone at all. I also eliminated my stock resonator.

I have a straight pipe going back to the resonatred Aero mounted where the stock muffler was and finally through a stock tailpipe.

Sounds AWESOME !!!

Old 03-28-2007, 02:57 PM
usafr
All Star

I have the cat back in place and the aero in place of the stock muffler. It isnt very loud, but definately sounds waayyy better than stock. No drone, and no loss in power. Look on the side of the screen at Verocious Motorsports,, they had the cheapest when I got mine. Call em and see if they are still runnin the promo, it was like a $50 discount. OH,, it was cheaper if you got it as a kit,,, the 4040xl with the 5" chrome tip, instead of by itself. That may have changed,,, just give em a call, they are helpful.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah, I got mine from Verocious as well. Gotta support those who support you.

Besides that. they WERE priced right and their customer support was awesome. I highly reccomend them.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:54 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

I got the MBRP replacement muffler. Fits where the stock was, sounds nice outside, no drone inside. Cheaper than the Aero. The P/N is in my sig.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: htgriffith

Around 3-4 months back ,I removed my stock muffler and placed a straight pipe in its place. Boy did I like the sound out by the exhaust pipe, but not in the cab. My wife also does not like the RUMMMMMMMMM in the cab, specially when pulling. Between it and the turbo she said it sounds like a 18 wheeler. So instead of putting the stock er back on I am looking at a Aero. I know allot of you run it, and I would like some input as far as cab noise. I was thinking of the 4040xl may be quite in the cab. What do you think. 4040 or 4040XL. And the turbo is staying like it is. You have to put your foot down on somethings

And is the Aero site about the cheapiest?
Just remember if mama isn't happy nobody is going to be happy

Old 03-29-2007, 01:08 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

Yep, Mama has to be happy, But after she keep telling me how loud it is over and over it stated getting loud to me. So the MBRP is a little like the stock er but better flow and less noise. Thanks to all

Old 03-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: htgriffith

So the MBRP is a little like the stock er but better flow and less noise.
HUH ???

It was my understanding that the MBRP was also a straight through muffler, just like the Aero. I wouldn't say EITHER of them is "like stock"

Quick Reply: Aero Users