Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

new 6.7

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:08 PM
troop
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 6.7

I've been gone for awhile, in that time I bought the 07 2500 with the 6.7 in it. I put all my stuff on it from my 06 tires, leveling kit, air bags fender flares, back rack, etc,etc good thing they really didn't change anything. First impressions the new motor felt like a dog it is a six speed, and man its quiet. I put the airaid intake on it and it woke it right up, also straight piped it witch helped with power but its still quite. all in all its nice and am completely happy.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:24 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Default RE: new 6.7

By straight piped do you mean you removed the muffler only, or you removed the whole DPF, cat and all? I test drove one and didn't think it was a dog at all compared to my stock '06. In fact I thought itran pretty good.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:44 AM
troop
Rookie

Ya should have clarified that just removed the muffler and put on a straight pipe. I kept my aero turbine off the 06 but it was too long to install on the new one because of the particle filter, so I have a aero laying around if anyone's interested. It was alot slower than my 06 but I had a chip so that could be the issue. After installing the airaid and removing the muffler its a new animal, now I'm just waiting on Bully dog.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:30 PM
dramman

What about the air sensors in the stock can. and the little filter guage. I imagine the filter guage doesn't get re-installed, but what about the sensors that are on the stock can. I'm thinking of doing an intake and trying to find the best one for my 6.7

Old 08-14-2007, 06:25 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 08-14-2007, 08:37 PM
troop
Rookie

there was no sensors in the muffler the last one is at the end of the particle filter, when I looked there was only two intakes available for the 6.7 airaid and afe and I couldn't find the afe. I am very happy with the airade and I think its a better system than the k&n that i have always used. Very easy to install and all the stock sensors are used. the intake install does make a noticable difference just wish the turbo was as loud as the 06