Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Volant Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:50 PM
mattwech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volant Cold Air Intake

Anyone out there have any experience with this product? They claim 30-40 extra hp vs the K&N of 16 HP. I must say, it looks interesting!
Thanks,

Yellow Fever #349

Old 03-30-2007, 01:47 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Volant Cold Air Intake

ORIGINAL: mattwech

Anyone out there have any experience with this product? They claim 30-40 extra hp vs the K&N of 16 HP. I must say, it looks interesting!
Thanks,

Yellow Fever #349
You will not even get 1/2 of that if you put it on a dyno. Save some $ and buy a drop in K&N. If you want to get rid of the ugly stock airbox then go with a more standard type CAI. Will do just as good and look better thanthe plastic thing, in my opinion.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:43 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion

I have K&N cool air intakes on all my trucks.
You will get 19.5 HP. at 4200 rpm. and they
sound good. I love mine. By the way, OHIO. I
went with the Borla exhaust system part #140111
and the headers are on the way. For the SRT-10. THANKS!!

Old 03-30-2007, 03:52 PM
mattwech

right on, thanks for the response. That's the second time I heard that the drop in K&N is the way to go. I appreciate the input!!!

Old 04-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Alexa

I haven’t got any experience with that but I heard a few about it. They seem to get the satisfaction of those who tried. But, personally, I stick with this Dodge Cold Air Intake. It really works out great with my car.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:12 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion

I don't have a drop in. I have the hole K&N .cool air intake.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:13 AM
2x 2006 SRT10s

I have the Volant on both of my SRT 10's and am very happy .... just remember that the guys with good 1/4 mile time all have a CAI

Old 04-09-2007, 11:46 AM
CarGuyOhio

The CAI deabte will never end, mainly becauseeverything you read on forums are "I can tell a difference after I installed it". In reality, even if a CAI gave you 15HP, you would not feel it. On a truck with 500HP, 15HP is not going to "feel" like anything. The CAI may give you the illusion of more power due to the hissing sound. All of that aside, the SRT will not get 15HP anyhow, it will get less. There was a post somewhere else that netted a loss with a K&N CAI on a dyno, which is the only true way to measure the gain, or loss, of an "upgrade". I also mentioned before, most likely someone who is investingin a CAI is not going to pay to havea base and after dyno, does not make financial sense, and the CAI manufacturers count on this. I do agree thatMOST CAIs look better than the stock air box.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:46 PM
2x 2006 SRT10s

There is no way simulate the wind speed on the Dyno that you get in real world driving and as I stated before most of the N/A Ram SRT 10's that are getting good 1/4 mile time's have CAI its not the CAI alone but it is part of the formula .. All so for the people that have stage II pcm on there quad/cab you have not picked any more over all horsepower it has just turned of your TQ management and given you power down low on your power band lot misinformation getting passed around this place . our that you cant tow with SRT10 ram which you can thats what the Q/C was mad for.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:15 PM
CarGuyOhio

As I said, the debate will go on forever..... Why?

There are NO hard facts supporting your claim, or mine for that matter, other than a dyno pull on another site that showed anegative gain after a CAI install. You claim air movement is when you will see the CAI advantage, but once again there is no evidence of this. All speculation, and the CAI manufacturers like it this way. While it could be understandable moving air will help the CAI, you also have to consider, it will help the stock air box as well, maybe not by the same factor, but how can we tell? Answer? You can not. The "fact" you used about trucks with CAIs seem to run the 1/4 better, well, when you are comparing a SRT to a SRT, with mods like a CAI and no CAI, the determining factor has ZERO to do with the truck (unless it is a lemon). It has EVERYTHING to do with the driver and your 60 time (ie lack of wheel spin), more so withthe RC than the QC.

Quick Reply: Volant Cold Air Intake