Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Crank pulley

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 07:38 AM
cali04srt10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank pulley

I recently had a problem with my 04 srt 10, and I am wondering if anyone else had anything similar to this happen. Long story short, it appears my crankshaft bolt loosened up enough for the harmonic balancer to spin freely. When I removed the crank bolt I noticed the bolt's threads were stripped in the center and the crankshaft itself had worn the harmonic balancer. I was thinking of running a tap through the crankshaft to clean up the threads and replacing the harmonic balancer, pulley and bolt. My only worry is that the crankshaft itself might have been damaged by the harmonic balancer. I would appreciate any advice I can get, thank you.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:22 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You are probably in trouble. If you have that much damage your crank is likely toast. This is a well known issue and posted all over.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...alignment.html

Quick Reply: Crank pulley