Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

speed limiter

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 10:16 PM
blackbullet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed limiter

Is there a speed limiter on the SRT-10? If so, what is it set at?

Old 04-15-2005, 12:07 AM
silverback
Default RE: speed limiter

ORIGINAL: blackbullet

Is there a speed limiter on the SRT-10? If so, what is it set at?
The speed limiter is the aerodymanics of a 4X8 sheet of plywood going through the air at around 154 MPH. No fuel cutoffs, eletronic limiter, spark retarder, or anything else. Just pushing that much mass through the air. I would have to imagine that if you really lowered it down (3 in front, 5 in the rear) and added a tonneau cover you might pick up a couple MPH. It's kind of funny. When you get up in this speed range you can pick up more speed with aero improvements than horsepower. That's based on Dollar for Dollar.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:28 AM
QUICK_SILVER
Veteran

[sm=alcoholic.gif]That "rev/limiter" comes in at about 6200/rpm..so you won't hurt her...mine comes in a little sooner because of the S/C, my tach is now nano/seconds behind.
The "fuel map" seems to be set above 170mph. A couple of our Trucks have been close to that speed or better![sm=wootwoot.gif]

[sm=gears.gif]
Quick
[sm=gobble.gif]

Old 04-15-2005, 08:43 PM
blackbullet

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear it! I haven't had it over 110 yet but I don't have a thousand miles on the truck. Roads are a problem too. There aren't too many roads around here with enough free space to let her rip. I'm always worried about someone pulling out of a side road or something. I've always heard there are two theories on breaking a vehicle in: 1 mercilessly beat the hell out of it 2. follow the manufacturer's guidelines. What are your opinions?

Old 04-16-2005, 12:20 AM
QUICK_SILVER
Veteran

ORIGINAL: blackbullet

I've always heard there are two theories on breaking a vehicle in: 1 mercilessly beat the hell out of it 2. follow the manufacturer's guidelines. What are your opinions?
[sm=alcoholic.gif]I'll take #2[sm=partyparty.gif]worked for me[sm=trust_me.gif]

[sm=wootwoot.gif]
Quick

Old 04-16-2005, 01:01 PM
big asp
Veteran

I admit I couldn't resist laying down a few black stripes when my truck was brand new but I took it easy until 500 miles. A lot of people say that it has as much to do with breaking in the clutch as anything. I've also heard that it helps the seals seat properly and will prevent future leaks. Besides, what can it hurt to wait until 500 miles?

Old 04-17-2005, 02:14 AM
Fast One

The only speed limiter I've seen so far are the white cars with those pretty blue and red lights on them!

Old 04-17-2005, 01:12 PM
big asp
Veteran

Good point!

Quick Reply: speed limiter