Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Lightning vs SRT-10

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 07:57 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lightning vs SRT-10

i think dodge should just give in and supercharge either the 5.7 or the 6.1. now that would seriously beat a lightning. i kinda agree with that guy.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:13 PM
srt10killer

Is it a short block? I thought it was a long block

Old 07-25-2005, 08:50 PM
HDVIPER

Guys, short block refers to the actual block itself, not the size of it, i.e. small block vs. big block. Long block is the block including heads. I believe the Viper engine would be considered a small block. Not too sure on that one though.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:06 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

ive heard people refer to the viper engine as a short block tho, but they were talking power

sutting like "cant go much more than XXXhp with the short block like that" or something like that not quite sure, it was a while ago

Old 07-25-2005, 10:20 PM
HDVIPER

ahh, what he is talking about is basically the bottom end of the engine, which in essence is a short block. The block with pistons, crank, etc.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:57 PM
srt10killer

We're not talking about block, we want to know what people think of the lightning and SRT-10.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:57 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its a DODGEFORUM...were going to side with...get this...the DODGE.

short block and long block...i dont even know what you guys are talking about...a short block is when you buy a block with the bottom end only..a long block has heads, etc.

i do not agree with dodges refusal to produce a sports vehicle that doesnt have the bulky V10..and i think that it is very gimmicky. "look at us, we have a V10 in our performance car/truck"..however, at the same time, there are guys on this forum with very little done to the SRT4 which only has 4 cylinders that will pound the new stang. and about the forced induction, i think its a bit funny that ford refuses to produce anything with any ***** without the aide of forced induction.

the SRT10 is a bum in the QM stock, but guys have gotten them DEEP into the 12s just by taking the ridiculous rims off and putting on some decent tires, and that is somethign that ford cant say. take a last gen blown lightning and put slicks on it..put the same slicks on a stock SRT10....that half second gap will grow quite a bit.

also, the SRT10 was built to be an all around performer, not just a QM monster, and it will handle the lightning across the boards, stock for stock.

a few of the lightning flamers that have come on here and started trouble tried linking their timeslips, by which i am rarely impressed .

Old 07-26-2005, 02:01 AM
BLee85

Ok, I love both trucks, but if I were to leave both trucks stock, I would get the SRT-10 hands down. I feel it just looks 10x better and has the power advantage (altho the real world results aren't as dramatic as one might think with +120HP). However, at this point, if I were to heavily mod, I would have to give the nod to the Lightning. They seem to have more aftermarket support at a MUCH cheaper price than the Viper V-10. Also, it seems as tho the SRT10 has quite a hard time getting going out of the hole compared to the L....

As far as the L tribute video....that thing is disgusting. I love the L but halfway thru the video where it just turns into a bashing of the SRT10 because the owner of the L is insecure about his small ***** size is just sh*t....

Old 07-26-2005, 02:24 AM
srt10killer

This goes to bad strat RT, He basically said ford can't do anything without a supercharger, that isn't true. I don't know if he ever the January 2000 article by Car and Driver. It shows the mustang boss. This car had a 10.0L v-8 (!not a v-10!) rated at 855 horsepower. I know this engine is larger than the 8.3, but it's still not a V-10 and naturally aspirated and yet it has 855 horsepower. Another car that I would that I would like to talk to you about is the Shelby Cobra. This cobra is powered by Ford and it's a V-10 so there is no cheating. The cobra has a 6.4L V-10 (not QUITE an 8.3L) and it has 605 horsepower. And both these engines are better than that 505 V-10. I'll get off the topic a little and talk about Chevy. They also have two engines that are much better than the Dodge's. First the 572. It has 720 base horsepower and it's a V-8. Second, the engine that will be powering the C6 Z06, the 427 V-8. This engine is indeed much smaller than the 505 and it is only a V-8 but it has the same output as the Viper.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:32 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha....what vehicles do these "572 chevy" and "10 liter boss" engines come in? dont dig up these silly concept cars...show me a car that i can walk into a showroom, and buy, just like the viper or SRT10....

the new Z06 yes, is SICK...but youre not aruging on the behalf of the Z06..

Quick Reply: Lightning vs SRT-10