Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Lightning vs SRT-10

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 04:54 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lightning vs SRT-10

I dont know, about the srt-10 but ive ridden in a 94 lightning, I'm not sure how they are now but i felt a little cramped, and im 5-10, 140ish

Old 09-18-2005, 01:03 AM
QUICK_SILVER
Veteran

ORIGINAL: DoviDiesel

I think that the international powerstroke engine is a better engine then the cummins and the duramax. It combines the low end torque of the cummins and the high end performance of the duramax. Its a mighty powerful engine. The only cummins i would get would be a 2002 or around that year. I love the effect of a straight pipe on that truck. sooo loud and with some injectors, a chip, and exhaust its a gorgous truck with some sweet mods. very nice unit.
do you know how the srt-10 and lightning are for room?
[sm=alcoholic.gif] Seems to have more room than I need....and it's got a six/speed![sm=bling.gif] Not bad for a Truck.[sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Quick

Old 09-20-2005, 07:13 AM
5.4SVT

I do like the interior of the dodge. I dig my suede but the Ram looks pretty slick!

Old 09-20-2005, 01:26 PM
DoviDiesel

hows ur lightning for room? the dodge looks to have a bigger interior, and that six speed is damn cool! i rly like the srt-10 and the lightning, but my 93 gmc s/b s/s isnt bad with a stereo in there, but i got to 12inch dvc subs behind me so i have to put my seat all the way up and that really sucks. guess if i got an srt-10 i wouldnt need subs cuz theres already 1 in there lol ;>

Old 09-20-2005, 04:22 PM
BlackBee
Professional

First time to see the interior on the SRT10 nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2005, 06:38 PM
QUICK_SILVER
Veteran

ORIGINAL: DoviDiesel

hows ur lightning for room? the dodge looks to have a bigger interior, and that six speed is damn cool! i rly like the srt-10 and the lightning, but my 93 gmc s/b s/s isnt bad with a stereo in there, but i got to 12inch dvc subs behind me so i have to put my seat all the way up and that really sucks. guess if i got an srt-10 i wouldnt need subs cuz theres already 1 in there lol ;>
She comes with a 10"/W (508/watt head unit) behind the center seat....and that 'Hurst' shifter was one of the first things to go! It looks sexy...but is worthless at finding thrid!
Top shot shows stock..... bottom shot shows 'Short Throw Shifter' from X-Metal

Quick

Old 09-21-2005, 12:25 AM
big asp
Veteran

I'm 6'1" and 225 lbs. and I have both an SRT-10 and an F-350 and the SRT is wAAAAAAAAy more comfortable and has tons of leg and head room. The F-350 isn't bad and we use it to pull trailers on a lot of cross country trips but the SRT interior is a whole other level. All of the big three make a pretty nice HD diesel product these days. It kind of comes down to personal preference. Quicksilver is absolutely right on the shifter. I waited a while to install mine but it makes a hugh difference.

Old 09-21-2005, 05:27 PM
DoviDiesel

w0w thats awesome!

Old 09-27-2005, 11:03 AM
rab986

Yes... the dodge may be more comfortable in the front but if you ever sit in the back of a QC in both the Dodge and Ford you will set your Dodge on fire! That being said... I can't wait to get my new SRT10 Ram, and being a newbie to the forums I can't wait for the bashings. LOL!

Old 09-05-2006, 05:14 AM
99Lightning

I first want to say that I am a Lightning owner. I respect what Dodge has done with the SRT-10, and look forward to new ideas to spring from what it has created. I personally prefer the Lightning. Performance wise, yeah, my baby will be put down by a SRT-10. It has never stopped me from pushing the tipic with local SRT-10 owners who are usually happy for a little action. The aftermarket game is to large, and honestly, the 5.4's bottom half can't handle what alot of people think it can. The Lightning was the first truck in many years to do what it did. Shall we all not forget that it was Dodge that originally planted the idea of a performance truck in the '70's with the Lil Red Wagon? Thats all I wanted to say. And I aggree, most Lightning owners are ******, but there are a few that know whats goin on. Thanks

Quick Reply: Lightning vs SRT-10